625 receiver for 2 rooms

jstucky1

Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
wichita ks
I have been told that it is possible to connect a second tv over the air from the 625 and I also Have been told you have to hardwire it. I am presently using it for one tv but am moving to a bigger place and want to add another tv and eventually go hd. The house is wired for cable. what is the simplest way to connect to tv's.

Yes, the 625 is built for 2 tv's. However, if your are currently using the PIP feature on your 625 with it in single mode, that will be disabled in dual mode to give you the ability to control each tuner separately.

As far as connecting the second tv, it has to be hardwired. What you may have heard about the "air" is the difference between the "air" vs. "CATV" method of modulation for the second tv to operate. If the house is already pre-wired for cable, you can use the existing cable to send the signal from the tv2 output of the 625 to your other room with your second tv. You can not use the existing cable in the house to connect the receiver to the dish.

The 625 is a dual tuner so yes you can feed 2 TVs. You can use an RG6 cable or you can use these wireless video transmitters:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Technologies-Leapfrog-LF-30S-Distribution/dp/B00009UHXR/ref=tag_tag_ptcn_edpp_ttl]Amazon.com: Terk Technologies Leapfrog LF-30S Wireless 2.4 GHz A/V Distribution System: Electronics[/ame]

How good are they? I don't know, never used one. But if you search for Leapfrog here in the forum you will find information about them. You can use the UHF antenna for the remote so no cables involved.

"You can not use the existing cable in the house to connect the receiver to the dish".
Huh?
Ok ..I must be misunderstanding that sentence. If not, I have been using cable I am not able to for a very long time.

I have been told that it is possible to connect a second tv over the air from the 625 and I also Have been told you have to hardwire it. I am presently using it for one tv but am moving to a bigger place and want to add another tv and eventually go hd. The house is wired for cable. what is the simplest way to connect to tv's.
Very simple. TV-2 can be backfed through a diplexer via the existing cable. That is provided the cable outlets are situasted where your tv's will be placed.
Most homes have the interior cables terminate outside near the electric meter.
The dish is installed and caboles run to the point where the interior cabels terminate outside at the meter. As I stated,. Simple.
Oh the interior cabling in the home to which you are moving must be RG-6.
Most homes less than 10-15 years old have been wired with this type cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)