7 1/2 hour install and still nothing

Yep , that's the shity part. The customer is pissed off at the tech (only because of proximity) and th tech is stuck in the middle of adminstrative nightmares.
The sales partners escape responsibility fo rtheir errors or negligence.
The customers don't care and they should not have to be concerned. The customer wants their tv connected.
The techs have to endure this nonsense. In some instances for hours at a time.
The system sucks.
Sales partners should have their feet held to the fire.
I look at my job this way: to perform the services assigned and attempt to clearly demonstrate the basic functions of the equipment while answering operational questions pertaining to the equipment.
My job is NOT to resell the product or to cover the mistakes/ negligence of third parties.

Sales partners are held responcible all the time, and should be doing a better Job than Direct sales and the telephone partners.

Telcos suck when it comes to selling Dish. Dish should takev repsponsibility for any screw ups and fix them.

Tech is supposed to go over equipment before starting install , and him knowing the time it would take to completely straighten out the mess he would of told you to reschedule .I know I would have.Time is money !

Sales partners are held responcible all the time, and should be doing a better Job than Direct sales and the telephone partners.
They are? That is news to me,
I see the same mistakes and other shall we say, inaccuaracies all the time.
Some expamles.
LOwball offers on program rates. The tiniest of small print on slick ads.
Non divulgence of additional fees. Non divulgence of POST PROMOTION monthly rates.
I had a customer who was on the phine with the sales partnet that sold them the syste. The cusomer became irritated with the person on the phine because each time the customer demanded to know what they monthly rate would be after the promotion expired, the cust rep kept giving the promo price. Finally after working and listenign to this I called Dish myslef and put the customer on the phone with Dish and there the customer got the straight story. And a nice discount for all their trouble.

I do my level best to not discuss financials with customers. If they have inquiries I direct them to call Dish.

They are? That is news to me,
I see the same mistakes and other shall we say, inaccuaracies all the time.
Some expamles.
LOwball offers on program rates. The tiniest of small print on slick ads.
Non divulgence of additional fees. Non divulgence of POST PROMOTION monthly rates.
I had a customer who was on the phine with the sales partnet that sold them the syste. The cusomer became irritated with the person on the phine because each time the customer demanded to know what they monthly rate would be after the promotion expired, the cust rep kept giving the promo price. Finally after working and listenign to this I called Dish myslef and put the customer on the phone with Dish and there the customer got the straight story. And a nice discount for all their trouble.

I do my level best to not discuss financials with customers. If they have inquiries I direct them to call Dish.

Spell check is your friend. That's worse than the blah blah blah blah blah..

don't go there.
Either contribute to the discussion or disappear.

I don't think anyone of us has contributed anything to the discussion. The guy had a sh!tty experience. No one rode in on a white horse and solved his problem. Nothing anyone can do, except for him to keep trying to resolve it. Maybe we should all dissappear....?
I wasn't trying to personally insult you, your other messages weren't bad. Spelling and grammar stand out to me and I dislike having to wade through it. Google iSpell, drop it in explorer and move on. Works for me. :up

As for the OP's situation, I learned long not to call dish. Everytime I do I get my programming changed, or my "service address" changed, you name it. Just keep sending them money and all is well....