7100/7200 are not forgotten.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
While I already made a post about this in DBStalk already i decided to make one here. On a note I wold like to make things very clear here that this has nothing to do with piracy.... Which one might mistake this infromation for.

I had pick up a 7200 at a yard sale. Went to activate it and for some reason it was not taking commands from Dish network. So after a couple of days of calling dishnetwork and dealing with them they say well we are commited to supporting you 7x00 users so We will send you a remanufactuer unit you just pay the shipping on it. I said ok. Anyway, when i got the new unit and I open it up low and behold There was a Nagra Vision 2 rom 102 aka Yellow card in the unit. Apparently they are now accepting the nagravision 2 cards aka yellow card aka dish 500 card ... Well some may say so what. Well there was a point in time when dish had made it known that they "Might" not be supporting the 7x00 series with the nagra 2 and that they were just going to start swaping everyone out with 508s ( current dvr at the time.) I am glad to see that Dish has not forgotten us. I maybe there will be hope for superdish customers with 7x00. and again maybe not they have hard enough time tring to handle 119/110 with 61.5 or 148

see attachment below of screen cap of the sysinfo page showing the nagra 2 cam installed.

Attachments

• nagra2.jpg
    nagra2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 256