72.7 signal droppind

sds39

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Elizabeth City,North Carolina
72.7 signal dropping

I read a thread about Dish going back to WA from EA in certain areas. I am in NE NC and Dish switched me from WA to EA and now my signal on 72.7 has gone from a high of 56 to a high of 30. On WGN it is 20 on a clear day and so if it gets cloudy, good bye WGN. Why has the signals dropped so much and why would they want to switch me back again? No trees and a clear signal all the way.

Last edited:
I read a thread about Dish going back to WA from EA in certain areas. I am in NE NC and Dish switched me from WA to EA and now my signal on 72.7 has gone from a high of 56 to a high of 30. On WGN it is 20 on a clear day and so if it gets cloudy, good bye WGN. Why has the signals dropped so much and why would they want to switch me back again? No trees and a clear signal all the way.
Dish Network is not switching EA customer's back to WA in any areas in general. If you need help with your signal issue, I would recommend having your dish re-peaked. You can PM me your account information and I can help you get that scheduled. Just let me know!

It's a known issue with EA dish in the Northeast. Heck my friend and I both lost signal today in minor snow storm with about a 1/4" of snow on dish. (my friend sent me a picture of his EA dish when his signal was out and it was just a minor dusting on it) there is a modifications done by some folks here swapping out the reflector on the EA dish with one from a Dish 500+ reports by some say they gained 10-15 points in signal strength.(keep in mind this is NOT a official Dish Network modification) As I understand from reading that it started in PA by some installers.

Before any suggests mine needs retweaking Dish techs have been here 3 times since March to try to resolve the low signal strength.

There is a thread about this issue here in the forum.

It's a known issue with EA dish in the Northeast. Heck my friend and I both lost signal today in minor snow storm with about a 1/4" of snow on dish. (my friend sent me a picture of his EA dish when his signal was out and it was just a minor dusting on it) there is a modifications done by some folks here swapping out the reflector on the EA dish with one from a Dish 500+ reports by some say they gained 10-15 points in signal strength.(keep in mind this is NOT a official Dish Network modification) As I understand from reading that it started in PA by some installers.

Before any suggests mine needs retweaking Dish techs have been here 3 times since March to try to resolve the low signal strength.

There is a thread about this issue here in the forum.

North Carolina won't have the same problem as New England(he isn't in the NE). He just needs a repeak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts