721 Is Horrible for MLB EI !!!!

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I am getting extremely frustrated with what I consider three major bugs with the 721 for EI.

1) When you channel up/down through the games, the receiver will jump from 626 to the 800 range and ignore the games in between. This happen the majority of the time. The only way to avoid this is to use the guide to switch between games.

2) MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR !!! If you allow a game to end and switch to the EI Slate following the game, the reciever will either lock up or reboot. The only way out of the lockup is a reboot. This does not work well when recording a program on the second tuner and not getting off the game before dish switches it off.

3) When watching a game in the PIP, occasionally, when you attempt to reopen the game that is in the PIP, a message pops up telling you that the channel you were previously viewing has been blacked out and says "Switching to next available channel". When I open it up, it has turned to the first local channel (3).

Of course, Dish has no solution. WHAT THE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikew said:
I am getting extremely frustrated with what I consider three major bugs with the 721 for EI.

1) When you channel up/down through the games, the receiver will jump from 626 to the 800 range and ignore the games in between. This happen the majority of the time. The only way to avoid this is to use the guide to switch between games.

2) MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR !!! If you allow a game to end and switch to the EI Slate following the game, the reciever will either lock up or reboot. The only way out of the lockup is a reboot. This does not work well when recording a program on the second tuner and not getting off the game before dish switches it off.

3) When watching a game in the PIP, occasionally, when you attempt to reopen the game that is in the PIP, a message pops up telling you that the channel you were previously viewing has been blacked out and says "Switching to next available channel". When I open it up, it has turned to the first local channel (3).

Of course, Dish has no solution. WHAT THE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noticed the exact same 3 issues with the NHL Center Ice package and posted about this several times over both here and elsewhere. For some strange reason, its never been addressed. I feel your pain. Not cool when a game goes to OT and you are flipping back and forth in PIP only to have your receiver reboot where you miss the potential game winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts