Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Sorry I haven't posted pictures tonight as planned, I will try to do it tommorow.

I DO have some good news about the 721, I am told that the update WILL (I repeat WILL) got out before the end of the month. (Thats this month, September, 2003) :D

Yeah I know but they have to get it out this month for the SuperDish rollout. :)

It is really good and stable software!

I do believe you guys are really going to like it!

I have heard the same thing that Scott posted. "The 721 software update will be released before the end of September unless some last minute bugs are discovered".

Since the lack of a triple conflict screen is a BUG and should have been part of the first update, I consider the weather page the only real upgrade. This being the case I find it funny that everyone thinks DISH is doing us a favor. This is what should have been part of the original software. It's odd that DISH is still fooling itself into thinking they have good software geeks on staff.

Maybe the reason why they stopped us from the update last month was so Dish could include the super dish in the dish pointing screen. After all the 301 and the 508s all got this software update so it makes sense to include the 721 with this also.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yeah I know but they have to get it out this month for the SuperDish rollout. :)

It is really good and stable software!

I do believe you guys are really going to like it!
Scott,
What exactly betas version you have ? AVQT ?

Discrete Codes

Scott, Do you know if the Beta Version your test includes the Discrete power codes?

Scott G,

Any idea if the new software update will correct the current problem where a switch check fails to detect all 3 satellites if you have 2 SW21's, 1 Dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119 and 1 Dish 500 pointed at 61.5 for example? When I first installed my 721 it worked absolutely perfect with this configuration, but it was quickly ended by the latest software revision. Same switch and legacy lnb configuration powers two 501's with no issues as well.

Dish should send the 721 update out today due to Hurricane Isabel possibly effecting many receivers from getting the download Thursday or Friday.

Unthinkable, I don't have an answer for you on that, I have a SW-64 so I can only report on what I tested.

The new Check Switch Screen seems to be a modern miracle, its SO FAST!!!!!!!!

So the new check switch for legacy switches is a lot faster than the old lgacy check switch? I know that the DishPro check switch is already very fast compared to the current legacy check switch.

Scott,

May be you missed my question ?

Could you tell us what exactly version you testing ?
Just provide the numbers from System Info screen, please.

I think it's too late worried about that - as we saw ppl testing different versions already.
I heard DVB satellite cards (PCI) could see wich versions spooling for each model.
Probably yours is AXAT. Right ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)