721 USB Port (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

gwynnebaer

Sep 30, 2003
I do this all the time. It's a bit flaky (I have to unplug the keyboard every once in a while to reset it), but it works fine.

There's a cross post on dbstalk.com with all the mapped keys and everything.

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
I use a wireless Logitech keyboard that I got for real cheap at Computer Surplus Outlet. Works great!

BTW, if you want keyboard mapping info, there is a thread here as well (that I posted).

Click Here

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
The correct link is:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=565

I'm using an el-cheapo Micro Innovations wireless keyboard & mouse connected to an equally cheap Micro Innovations USB-to-PS2 adapter. I have noticed occasionally I have to re-establish the connection; also the unit gets real sluggish sometimes and occasionally will reboot on its own.

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
As far as I can tell, they are there for convenience... I have not noticed any differences between the two.

I use the back one FWIW.

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
Should work, but let us know if you had success... You can get serial keyboards really cheap, and if all it takes is the converter to USB, I've got about 3-4 of those laying around. Would be a viable option should my (free) wireless keyboard ever croak.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
DougE said:
Thanks for the reply. The front port is the one I will try then, the back one is too difficult to reach. I don't have a wireless keyboard, but I have a serial one that I will have to interface with a USB connector. Hope it works. Thanks everyone
Do you really mean Serial, or PS2? I tried a PS2 keyboard with a USB adapter, and it didn't work with my 721. However, a standard USB keyboard does work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts