Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US is proud to give you the first look at the upcoming DishPro Plus Technology!

Below is a complete working DishPro Plus Setup!

dppcomplete.jpg

One of the most awaited parts of DishPro Technology is the DishPro Plus 44 Switch. This switch is like a Swiss Army knife!
  • You can see up to 4 satellite locations (Great for those with Sky Angle and a SuperDISH)
  • You can hook it up to legacy equipment without the need for a Legacy Dishpro adapter. (Note tuner output 1 must be hooked up to a DishPro receiver)
  • You can cascade it with up to 2 more (3 total) DP+44 switches or DP34 switches.
  • You can feed one cable to dual tuner DishPro Plus compatable receivers (You need a seperator for this to work)
dpp44.jpg

As you will notice on the left hand side are the satellite inputs. Dish made the Connecters bigger (longer) to show that this is the input side. As you will notice on the DP+44 switch they recommend that if you have a SuperDISH to use port 4 for your FSS SuperDish LNB connection.

Below is the power inserter used with the DP+44 Switch, this power inserter is a lot more heavy duty then the ones from the SW64 that people are use to the power supply is a big box and requires a 3 prong jack to properly power the unit.

pi.jpg

The below picture is that of a Dish Pro Seperator, it may look like a splitter or Diplexor, but ITS NOT. If you try to use a spillter or diplexor in place of a seperator you WILL damage your equipment. The cost of the seperator is expected to be around $5 each to the consumer. You need to order seperators seperate from the DP+44 switch as they are not included.

seperator.jpg

The Separator is used when you run a single wire from a DP+44 to a DishPro compatable receiver such as a 721, 921, 522, 322 or 942. You run the single wire from the switch to where your receiver is, you then place a separator in line and hook two coax cables onto your satellite inputs on your DishPro Plus compatable receiver.

Remember again to not use a splitter or diplexor in place of a separator, I can not stress this enough!!!

dpplnb.jpg

Another new DishPro technology coming this year are DishPro Plus LNB's. These LNB's are neat! Shown above is a Dishpro Plus Twin LNB. If you notice on the right hand side there is a 3rd coax connector, with this setup you can take the signal from a 3rd Dishpro LNB (Say pointed at 61.5 or 148) and plug it into this input, the DishPro Plus LNB has the switch built into the LNB!

dpplnbfront.jpg

Above is what the front of the DishPro Plus LNB looks like, besides the DishPro Plus Twin PNB shown there will also be a DishPro quad unit made as well.

Below you see what it look like when you have a DishPro Plus 44 Switch hooked up and do a check switch, as you will notice there are 4 satellites now shown.

dpp44screen.jpg

BTW this picture is taken from the complete Dish Pro plus setup we have showed you in the very first picture on the top.

Now the good news is that the DishPro Plus 44 Switch will be available next week in limited quantities, also all DishPro Plus compatable receivers have received the software upgrade so that when you get a switch it will work with it. :)

And that is your first look at the DishPro Plus Technology! Thanks for visiting SatelliteGuys!

They will work with Dishpro LNB's if you have a DishPro Plus LNB then you don't need a DishPro Plus Switch since the switch is built in. :)

So the DPP LNBF will feed two 2-tuner DPP receivers (with 2 separators), or one 2-tuner DPP (with separator) and one single-tuner DP or DPP, or two single-tuner DP's?

(Say that fast 5 times!)

Brad

Hnmm, I had been thinking about the DPP44 all along, and it appears that the DPP LNB might be all that I need. Thanks.

What is the scheduled release date for the DPP LNB's and separators? (Since I am ordering a 721, and will require at least a DP34 and professional install for the extra line, it seems to me that it would save Dish money to send a DPP LNB and separator instead. That will make it practically plug and play!)

Hi, this is my first post. GREAT web site, btw! I just didn't understand exactly who needs this "separator." I just got Dish about a week ago and have a SuperDish seeing 110, 119, and 121 for Indian foreign language channels. I am in Northern New Jersey, and get NYC locals, so I need the 61.5 satellite to get all of those. This is known as a "must-carry" satellite and Dish said that they would provide it free of charge, but of course I need the DPP44 switch first. I will definitely call Dish up and I want to be one of the first to get this switch! I have DHA with one 522 on two TVs and one 322 on two TVs for a total of two receivers for 4 TVs. My question is, do I need this separator thing? Thanks!

So is this the future of Dishnetwork and eventually everyone will have this? Also, is this for use on Dish500 or Superdish? I hope nothing really good is on the 61.5 since I cant get that sat from my house. Elevation over the horizon is to low, couldnt get Voom because of this.

So is the DPP quad going to differ from the DP quad in that it will also have an additional output to connect to a third DP lnbf from a third satellite with the DPP switch built in? If so then I wonder where they would put that output at since there has only been four places for that output in the past.

IceMan5043 said:
Hi, this is my first post. GREAT web site, btw! I just didn't understand exactly who needs this "separator." I just got Dish about a week ago and have a SuperDish seeing 110, 119, and 121 for Indian foreign language channels. I am in Northern New Jersey, and get NYC locals, so I need the 61.5 satellite to get all of those. This is known as a "must-carry" satellite and Dish said that they would provide it free of charge, but of course I need the DPP44 switch first. I will definitely call Dish up and I want to be one of the first to get this switch! I have DHA with one 522 on two TVs and one 322 on two TVs for a total of two receivers for 4 TVs. My question is, do I need this separator thing? Thanks!
No, the separator is used to avoid having to run a second cable for the second tuner. You've already got 2 cables to each receiver.

It might be useful if you add another receiver. I'm thinking that the separator might allow up to 8 tuners to run off the 4 ports of the DPP44 - can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

SimpleSimon said:
No, the separator is used to avoid having to run a second cable for the second tuner. You've already got 2 cables to each receiver.

It might be useful if you add another receiver. I'm thinking that the separator might allow up to 8 tuners to run off the 4 ports of the DPP44 - can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

If this works could I run one 301 and one 508 off of a separator or do the receivers have to be DishPro Plus compatible? Are older DishPro units going to be forward compatible with DishPro plus in the future if they are not already?

I'm thinking that the receiver would have to be DP, but not DP+. I've not even heard that DP+ is even a separate receiver attribute. In other words, DP+ support is already in the receiver. If it works the way I think it does, it's not a problem.

Maybe DP+ will be a receiver feature someday - to indicate that the separator is built-in to a 2-tuner box?. Who knows.

Called Dish today, asked if they would use DPP44 for my new install, as they can't bring a second cable to my family room TV unless cable is across the floor. They said yes. I hope this is true, otherwise I'll have one very unhappy installer :(

I do not think you can use the splitter to feed two single tuner receivers, the two feeds coming out of the splitter must go into both satellite inputs on the dual tuner receiver.

I wonder if the DPP lnbf's will be able to be cascaded.

Stargazer said:
I do not think you can use the splitter to feed two single tuner receivers, the two feeds coming out of the splitter must go into both satellite inputs on the dual tuner receiver.
Are you talking about the SEPARATOR? We've got to be careful with the terms used to avoid confusing people.

Anyway, you may be right, or not. The labels on the device indicate you might be.

But if it works as I think it does, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm speculating that the separator takes the high-side of the feed cable for one tuner and the low side for the other, translating the switch commands in the process. Seems simple enough, but I could be 100% wrong.

Yes, I was talking about the seperator. I do remember seeing a graphic a while back and some discussion of how it could only be used on the dual tuner receivers. I do not know why that would be the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)