722 freezing problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BKell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 30, 2008
My original 722 had a freezing problem when playing back recorded and paused shows. It didn't happen during all shows, but enough that I knew it was a problem. I was told on a chat with a tech person to try deleting all the recordings and do a hard reset. I did that, and my receiver proceeded to tell me that pause and recording functions were no longer available. There were no problems playing live programming. I called CS, was able to RMA it, and was sent a replacement.

My replacement, has a freezing problem too. Every single recording starts freezing up within the first 30 seconds. I tried the delete everything/hard reset thing, and it didn't not resolve the issue. This one, too, has no problems playing live programming.

So my question is, could this be a line problem? A dish problem? I have another DVR in my house that is older and has no problems whatsoever. Could it just be a coincidence that the replacement has a similar problem as the original? I know they usually/always send refurbished DVRs so it wouldn't surprise me if I was just sent a lemon. I'd like to avoid having tech come out if its just a receiver problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)