722 in RV using King Dome

Gary1944

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Washington
Upgraded to a 722 to use in RV. Will the old King Dome, auto fix on 2 sats, 110 or 119 also pick up the 129 Sat? If not, can the old King Dome be updated to find and hold 129?

Upgraded to a 722 to use in RV. Will the old King Dome, auto fix on 2 sats, 110 or 119 also pick up the 129 Sat? If not, can the old King Dome be updated to find and hold 129?

I've heard a lot of people using various King Dome units having problems with dual tuner receivers. Whether anybody has been able to get a 722 to work with one is something I have yet to see. Part of the problem is that the King Dome units that I know of can only look at one satellite at the time. The 722 is expecting to be able to look at 2 different satellites at the same time. I could be wrong but you're likely better off going with a single tuner receiver like the 211.

Kingdome uses Legacy equipment.

Duo tuner rec. will not work unless you run 2 lines from the dish to the duo tuner. HOWEVER, the Kindome only has one output.

If you want an HDDVR, consider getting a 211/k with an external POWERED HD. This is the only way, all of our DVRs are duo tuner rec.

Also, the Kingdome can only see one satellite at a time. If your tuners want channels on two different satellites, what's it going to do?

Can the HDTV light be turned off on 922?

722 and EHD won't remember last resume point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)