722 Install Using WA Hybrid LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's not intended to work with the H3.
That's why they are working on a new Multiswitch.
Because people want to be able to have 2 H3s and also have an option to have 211s or Wallys hooked up at home.

The 211 Z looks different then the 211k, it's still a 211.
The Wally is simply a 211 with a new face lift and new UI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I would venture to guess that the Wally has a newer processor and perhaps more memory than the 211.

I'm still trying to get my head around if the ViP211 series might work with the H3 late this year, why wouldn't the Wally?

I'm still trying to get my head around if the ViP211 series might work with the H3 late this year, why wouldn't the Wally?
Did I miss something? Are you saying it has been rumorued that the 211 might integrate with the H3? Or are you talking about work with the Hybird LNBF?

What words?
It's a Solo tuner HD receiver.
You have 16 tuners in a Hopper3.
What sence would it make to add a Solo receiver to work with the Hopper?
Who would really demand that other then a few Satellite Guys members?

7 Room setup with 16 tuners is by far enough to support 99.9% of Households.

I think you just want it to work with the Hopper, but unfortunately you will be let down when it actually became available.
I don't see a point in a Solo receiver that uses anything from a Hopper. There isn't even a Multi switch even close to being released to do so.

The Wally is for Customers that don't want DVR, and it uses the same UI, which will help with trouble shooting instead of having multiple UIs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
One good reason is for OTA tuners for local stations, I record programs from subchannels that dish does not carry. From what I understand the Hopper is not as good as the 622 or 722 when it can not add OTA channels

One good reason is for OTA tuners for local stations, I record programs from subchannels that dish does not carry. From what I understand the Hopper is not as good as the 622 or 722 when it can not add OTA channels
Presently, the H3 is having an issue with adding OTA channels to your Favorites. The channels are there, however, and can be seen and recorded from the guide in All Subscribed.

Ah I was not aware of that. Never tried to add them to a favorites list.
But can you add a channel with out doing a scan, the 722 you can rescan and keep the channels from last scan or just put in a single one with no scan. All this is needed if you have a rotor and change directions for other stations.

Many are forgetting one of the reasons to allow a VIP211 or Wally on a Hopper account is for RVers who will use the VIP211/Wally in the RV. Since the RV will typically have a DPP dish, there in no problem having a VIP211/Wally on a Hopper 3 account, house with DPH, RV with DPP.

Then there are those who try to stretch the rules anyway they can. This time there is an electronic reason that isn't just a marketing rule. The DPH may have a dual mode but it is one at a time, either two channel (DPP) or sixteen channel (DPH). I have observed this with my converted Winegard Trav'ler dish. If the Hopper 3 is connected, the Winegard controller cannot see a signal as it uses DPP. Disconnect the Hopper3, the DPH drops back to DPP mode and the Winegard controller can position the dish.

Any VIP receiver can use the DPP mode of a DPH LNBF but once a Hopper 3 connects to the LNBF, it switches to DPH mode and the VIPs are done.