722 receiver keeps starting over and over!

Bigfoot

Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Vermilion, Ohio
last night I was watching tv the power flickered for a split second the receiver rebooted itself and kept starting and stopping over and over again, it gets to 3 of 5 on the progress meter and hangs there for a time and then restarts over and over again. I called dish and they think its the receiver and are sending me another one, what do you guys think? Has anyone has this problem? please let me know if this has happened to anyone else.. Thanks Don

In the meantime, try removing and re-inserting the smart card. Worked for me to at least get live TV while I was waiting on replacement.

I've seen it here on this forum a few months back. It's a BIOS level reset.

Unplug the DVR and keep it unplugged and push the power switch ten times, then plug back in and boot.

Supposedly, the lithium battery on the motherboard powers the motherboard while its unplugged and permits interaction with the power button to perform the factory level BIOS reset.

No solid proof this is a fact but it was here posted some time ago and it seemed to resolve others problems.

I've seen it here on this forum a few months back. It's a BIOS level reset.

Unplug the DVR and keep it unplugged and push the power switch ten times, then plug back in and boot.

Supposedly, the lithium battery on the motherboard powers the motherboard while its unplugged and permits interaction with the power button to perform the factory level BIOS reset.

No solid proof this is a fact but it was here posted some time ago and it seemed to resolve others problems.

Didn't work for me. Hard Drive was shot.

Same here

I've had the same issue since upgrading to HD in the spring with my new 722. Early on, it happened whenever the power would go out or when I was configuring my entire sound system. Since I've stopped, it's stopped except once two weeks ago it kept it up for hours. The progress screen comes up and then it shuts off. Weird. 98% of the time it's fine, but if it happens again I'm going to do that reset thing of pushing the button in...it sounds like a BIOS thing anyhow.

I looked in the smart card slot, nothings there!

I opened the left side which covers the smart card, nothing sticking out of the slot, looked into the slot couldn't see any card at all!!!

Interesting-I had the same thing happen last week. The DVR would come on, then power cycle itself back off then on again. I chalked it up to a bad power supply, since it was constantly powering down then up. I'm on a UPS with AVR. Mine is at least a year and a half old. I wonder if there's some chance they pushed a firmware upgrade that's hosing DVR's? I have a replacement to be delivered tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)