722 Recording ignoring extended times

Emma Peel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Have had an issue recently several times with timers ending earlier then what they are set up for.

Basically the senario is that I was recording the NBA playoffs. Because they are sports programs they automatically have an additional 60 minutes added onto the time. A couple times much to my chagrin the timer stopped recording at the official end time of the program basically ignoring the extra 60 minutes. This ended up cutting off the last 10 minutes or so of each game. You know, the good bit.

This has happened a couple times out of a lot of recordings and honestly I can not say if in these cases I manually changed the end timer to be an extra 90 minutes instead of 60. However I am absolutely certain that the timers that failed had at least 60 minutes extra. After having one fail I got paranoid about double checking this time.

I did a search in the forums and to my surprise there were no relavent matches. Is anyone else having this issue. I really want to know if there is anyway to avoid\workaround the problem in the future.

I've been having a similar problem too. I have a timer for the daily show that I extend by 30 minutes for the colbert report and lately about once a week it cuts off after the daily show. It just did this tues night. I just checked it now and it shows next wed stopping at 10:30 instead of 11:00. I went ahead and reset the timer and moved to the top of the priority list, I exited out went back to check and it still did the same thing,same day:confused: I went to that timer again and manually extended it, it asked if I wanted to apply to just that one event and I said yes and pressed done, it accepts it with no conflicts, I went back to check it and it went back to ending early. I just did it again and made sure I hit done all the way out, and this time when I checked it, it was right :confused::confused: I do have this timer as a mon-fri , so that may have something to do with it. I've never had this problem before the last 2 weeks and had just thought it was a priority issue until now. Not sure if it is the EPG or the software. while I was writing this I changed the timer to new episodes and guess what it now shows next wed ending at 10:30:rant: I went ahead and deleted again and reset to mon-fri again and next wed it ends at 10:30 again, I give up. maybe some else can try and see if they get the same result.!sadroll

Update

I've checked this timer each day and it resets to just the original 30 minutes with no extension each day. it does it for the same day, wed. it must do this at night when the EPG updates. Anybody else having this kind of problem?

I check the day of the event to adjust it. Doing it before hand has changed it back on me. The day of usually stays. Sometimes removing the timer and reentering it can take care of the specific timer, but I have had those mess up as well though.

When you extend a timer, it expects to be able to shorten the run time when there is a conflict due to another event. In theory, it only cuts off a 1 minute extension and should remain if explicitly set for longer. To really force a longer time you have to change the start/end times.

Now my problems are (1) you cannot change a "Dish pass" time because it thinks those times are not known and would affect other recordings on the same timer, and (2) if I set the timer of a single-occurrence recording to shorten it (to save disk space) it will be reset to the full time (+ extensions) after the daily reset.

-Ken

BTW, Mrs. Peel, I've loved you for 40 yrs. Seen Steed lately???:D:D

I have the daily show set to the top of the priority list with the second timer being a OTA.The daily show is set to tuner 1, and tuner 2 starts a show at the same time but goes off at 10:30 and starts again at 10:35 for conan., letterman starts at 10:35 on OTA,and tuner 1 doesn't start again until12:05 for kimmel. As I said it only happens on wed night, all the other nights are OK with the same timers each night. I will check again tomorrow after tonights update and see if it still has the extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)