722 to Hopper

tromply

Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Saint Paul
So, I've been going through a lot of the forums hoping to get a simple answer, but a las, I haven't quite got the one I need. (And I apologize if this isn't allowed on this site. I didn't see anything in the rules against it...) I'm trying to be a DiY guy, and no disrespect to the techs on here, trying to save a little money. I had a 722k installed a little over a year ago. I recently had a bright idea to try and update to the hopper by purchaseing one on Ebay, thinking that it would be like buying a cellphone online and simply upgrading my number to it... Anyway, to sum this up... if I want to have a one hopper/one tv setup installed correctly, as I understand it, I need two lines running from the dish to a solo node, then one line going to the back of the hopper. Is there anything else special I need to know? (Especially if I want to get the "6 programs" recording at once?)

Thanks for any time you take on this for me.

(I've come to this forum after swapping out the receivers and not understanding why I could record only one program at a time... now that I've discovered I had the cables wrong, it all makes sense.)

Yes. Have you already activated the new Hopper? You are correct, two feeds from a DPP 1k.2/1k.4 or a DPP switch to a Solo Node, then Hopper goes from the HOST port of the node to the port on the back of the receiver. Other special considerations for Hopper are 3GHz-rated RG6 must be used between the node and the Hopper. Many modern RG6 cables (such as those rated to 2.2GHz) will work fine with the Hopper as long as they have the proper compression fittings.

tromply, just in case you wanted to have them do it and save the trouble, you should be able to negotiate a free install as an existing customer. with a 24 month agreement you don't pay anything for the hopper. well...however they did it I just upgraded from a 2 leased 722 & 1 owned 508 system to a 2 Hopper, 1 Joey system...and my monthly bill dropped with no upfront expenses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts