722 won't back up on live broadcast, and other problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brodrick

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2006
Greetings!
I have a 722 that I've had for many years now. It's always worked fine. For the last month, it's been refusing to skip back or rewind any live feeds. It just freezes and then eventually jumps forward to Live.
If I watch something that is recorded, all the controls work fine.
It's also freezing when I try to look a the DVR menu occasionally.

So, I had assumed there was a firmware update that is suspect, and that Dish would eventually get this figured out and fix it. After a few weeks, I contacted support, and was told they would submit it to engineering.

It's been 2 weeks since then, the machine is still crap, and dish just keeps saying "engineering is looking into it". (I told them football season is upon us!!!)

Just wondering if this is a known issue? or am I just the lucky one?

Also, I've been resistant to asking for a replacement, since I have a ton of movies etc that I haven't watched on it. But, it would seem I would be able to get a EHD, and move my stuff onto it, and put it back on the new unit. Is that correct?

Tom

I have a 722 that I have had for years and it works just fine. It sounds like your unit is getting funky and needs replacement. Yes, an EHD will do the trick. Oh, and BTW, you can actually watch the programming directly off the EHD so it isn't really necessary to load them on on the new unit.

Good point. I guess if I leave stuff on the EHD, there would be no issue with transferring prior to a crash.
Many seem to be happy with Western Digital EHD's for these units. Any recommendation there? I'll be honest, I have the worst luck with (internal) hard drives, I work in IT, and have had equal failures from every brand over the last 14 years, so I have no idea what to get.
It'll work ok with a 2TB?

Tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)