722K: Locked/Hidden Channels Still Show in the Guide

MaryS910

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
Hi Y'all!

I got a 722K on Tuesday and so far, it has worked great. It is replacing a 622 that was caught up in an endless rebooting cycle and a replacement 622 that worked for about an hour. I find the PQ great but am disappointed they didn't send the OTA module with the installer, as requested. I'll order one as its a PITA to switch back and forth to OTA and also, not be able to record off of those channels isn't fun.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that my locked channels are not hidden. I have gone through the procedure twice, locking out all the SD duplicates of the HD channels but they keep showing up when I press guide.

Is this a flaw with this system or could I be doing something wrong...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi Y'all!

I got a 722K on Tuesday and so far, it has worked great. It is replacing a 622 that was caught up in an endless rebooting cycle and a replacement 622 that worked for about an hour. I find the PQ great but am disappointed they didn't send the OTA module with the installer, as requested. I'll order one as its a PITA to switch back and forth to OTA and also, not be able to record off of those channels isn't fun.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that my locked channels are not hidden. I have gone through the procedure twice, locking out all the SD duplicates of the HD channels but they keep showing up when I press guide.

Is this a flaw with this system or could I be doing something wrong...any thoughts?

Thanks!
My 722 has an additional selection needed in the locks menu that says 'hide locked', perhaps you simply just need to do that too.

My 722 has an additional selection needed in the locks menu that says 'hide locked', perhaps you simply just need to do that too.

Yep. Just got a 722k to replace my 722. I noticed the hide locked on my second try.:)

I thought locking channels to hide SD channels and HD dups was a great idea so things would only show up once in search results but it never worked right for me.

When I tried to add a timer and was told that it conflicted with a higher priority timer, it would never show the name of the show it conflicted with. Always listed it as locked because a high channel number dup (like 9000's) had been locked/hidden.

Any way to fix this?

You need to make sure you don't have any timers set on any of the channels you're locking out before you lock them.

Hi Y'all!

Thanks!
ok... Open the guide (Press guide) then press once for "All sub" then press again for "All HD".. That's that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts