This fall.

No real reasons to upgrade unless you want to record/watch two OTA channels at the same time and also get one of the new two way remote controls. (which to me seems like a dumb idea)

This fall.

No real reasons to upgrade unless you want to record/watch two OTA channels at the same time and also get one of the new two way remote controls. (which to me seems like a dumb idea)

Thank you verily! I'd imagine I'll wait for the 722s before considering my next upgrade...

Just curious if the K might have some features I couldn't live without...

If I had dual OTA tuners, I'd drop LIL in a heartbeat.

But then you wouldn't have the Dish EPG information for your locals. Most of locals have been poor about providing PSIP data for the on-going and next shows, while further out information is basically nonexistent.

My wife can't live without the EPG, but when I explained that we really don't need to pay for LiL from Dish to get all of our local DTV channels on each and every TV in the house, she was amazed. I explained that basically, we are paying the monthly LiL charge to Dish just to get the EPG information on the locals. She ALMOST said, let's drop Dish locals.

But then you wouldn't have the Dish EPG information for your locals. Most of locals have been poor about providing PSIP data for the on-going and next shows, while further out information is basically nonexistent.

Actually that has improved quite a bit as of late...in Atlanta at least...

There's only a handful of OTA shows that I watch and they typically happen on their regular night at their regular time. Timers worked just fine for me except I couldn't deal with overlapping programming.

I thought if you don't subscribe to locals Dish doesn't give you the guide data, no matter if they are available or not.

I thought Dish only had guide data for channels they carry (and in some cases the subchannels of those main channels)? I know here in Minneapolis the Pax/i station is not carried and doesn't show guide info.

I thought Dish only had guide data for channels they carry (and in some cases the subchannels of those main channels)? I know here in Minneapolis the Pax/i station is not carried and doesn't show guide info.
Same here in Knoxville with a local independent station. Dish guide just says "Digital Service" or something like that.

What was left out is, if you want to watch those OTA locals on the 722K you have to BUY an addon... Anyways, I would think (i could be wrong) that by the time the 722K comes out the 722 we are running right now will have the same software (including guide with logos), and the ability to support the 2 way remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)