811+510 DVR= $200 rebate in April?????

gbfdcapt4b

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Tomahawk, WI
I now lease an 811 and a 510DVR . I have called DN no less than 4 times to see if I would get the $200 rebate in April on the new ViP622. Every time they stated I would be eligible seeing I have HD and DVR recording. I would have to send back both current receivers. The last time I had the CSR check with thier supervisor, and she confirmed that I will get the rebate. Is anyone out there in the same situation, and were you told the same?

It has been stated time and time again that the ONLY people getting the $200 rebate are owners of 942s and 921s. This was verified yet again on the Tech Chat last week by Dish's marketing folks.

StevenD said:
It has been stated time and time again that the ONLY people getting the $200 rebate are owners of 942s and 921s. This was verified yet again on the Tech Chat last week by Dish's marketing folks.

I was told that the rebate applied to any current customer by a couple CSRs. Ive had a lady with two 311's told this as well.

edit:The CSRs did say after April 1 only, if ordered prior to April 1 it would be $299

Last edited:
I know it has been said time and time again the rebate is for the 942s and 921s but maybe they consider that the combination of the 811 and 510 do the same as these other units (get HD and record on DVR). Their response has been 100% that the 811 and 510 qualify. If I knew for sure they don't, then I would get the 622 now, as there would be nothing to gain by waiting for April 1. Hmmm, April 1st. Will I be the Fool for waiting?

Thanks,
Mike

I think we all will be fools...I more so then anyone I spent 55 bucks on a CM 4228 and then 2 4FT mast 7 bucks each and a TRIPOD for 30 bucks. What did it get me? 49% bug of a pbs station about 25 miles away. ( I live in vermont very mountanous so im sure im having multipath issues) I havent put the antenna up on my roof yet im on the porch which is 20ft lower then top of roof but im not going to be very optimistic at all about going up higher. Oh well.

breathe said:
I was told that the rebate applied to any current customer by a couple CSRs. Ive had a lady with two 311's told this as well.

edit:The CSRs did say after April 1 only, if ordered prior to April 1 it would be $299

Kinda cheapens the offer in the eyes of 921/942 owners IMHO. If I were in that boat and they opened the $99 deal to EVERYONE I would be... unhappy. Seems unfair somehow.

jmcgee_jr said:
I think we all will be fools...I more so then anyone I spent 55 bucks on a CM 4228 and then 2 4FT mast 7 bucks each and a TRIPOD for 30 bucks. What did it get me? 49% bug of a pbs station about 25 miles away. ( I live in vermont very mountanous so im sure im having multipath issues) I havent put the antenna up on my roof yet im on the porch which is 20ft lower then top of roof but im not going to be very optimistic at all about going up higher. Oh well.

Don't give up yet. According to many the ATSC tuner in the 622 is far better than the one in the 811, so it may be able to handle the multipath in your location. Best bet is to set up the antenna for best possible picture on a comparable analog station. Even if the picture isn't absolutely clean, as long as the ghosting is kept to a minimum you should be able to lock on to the digital channel no problem.

Two CSRs told me that, starting April there'll be a $200 for anybody who leases the 622. But again, who really trusts those CSRs!!! I DON'T! :rolleyes:

StevenD said:

dlsnyder said:
Kinda cheapens the offer in the eyes of 921/942 owners IMHO. If I were in that boat and they opened the $99 deal to EVERYONE I would be... unhappy. Seems unfair somehow.
Good thing that Im already unhappy! Only allowing me to upgrade one receiver a year has made me unhappy enough to switch providers.

One per year. And a year from now, the deal will probably be different.

I heard a rumor that there'll soon be another rumor that everyone's wishful thinking will be fulfilled.

The $299 deal to move up to an HD DVR is a good one. They have limited supplies. It is unlikely, to say the least, that they will let just anyone start up a ViP622 lease for only $99. They have no incentive to do so. The $99 deal is to mitigate some of the sting from 921/942 owners/leasers.

We lease a car, we pay an upfront fee, a per month fee, and for repairs and upkeep. In that light, the ViP622 lease doesn't look too bad. But I'm very glad I held off buying a 942, knowing the ViP622 (962) was coming.

gbfdcapt4b said:
Is there any way to find out once and for all if the 811-510 pair qualify? Anyone have reliable contacts at DN?

I, too, have an 811 and a 510, but that combo return makes no sense. Why would Dish want to take away the SD DVR from their subs? And why would they want them? That's a SD vs. HD issue, not an mpeg 2 vs. mpeg 4 issue. It makes no sense to either party to trade in the 510 for an mpeg 4 DVR. That's like trading in a bicycle on a car...

sonnyboy11 said:
Hey look- it's sonnyboy wading into yet another thread on this topic! :)

There are lots of threads on this topic already. I suggest reading the Tech recap here

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=56297

You are right, there are plenty of threads with similar topics. The point is that the answers don't agree with the people I talked to at Dish Network. I am just trying to get an answer from some who might know for sure. If the rebate is true for 811+510 toward a 622 I will wait. If not I'll order now.

I'm not sure how much stock a court puts in verbal promises by csrs but if some of you people can get them to put it in writing, you'd have a case for the attorney general's office.

gbfdcapt4b said:
You are right, there are plenty of threads with similar topics. The point is that the answers don't agree with the people I talked to at Dish Network. I am just trying to get an answer from some who might know for sure. If the rebate is true for 811+510 toward a 622 I will wait. If not I'll order now.

I had a CSR tell me the same thing before I ordered. The rep who ended up doing my order though seemed to know more about it and made it clear that the rebate was only for the 921 and the 942.

I agree with Walt that if you can get something in writing then that's the way to handle this issue. If not, I can't see waiting for April 1st based on the notion (or word of a csr) that Dish is going to throw everyone with HD receivers a $200 rebate. Death and taxes are the only things that are 'certain' in this life, but I would rank Dish not suddenly giving out money like that a close 3rd. :D

As stated by others (and me in other threads) Dish was very clear on this during the last chat. The answer is that only those with 921s or 942s will be eligible for the $200 rebate on the 622 lease. At least that is what the situation was at the time of the chat.

However the final details of this rebate are not yet known. Dish could change the qualifications at any time. They usually don't change, but it is possible.

So you could be trading in a 522, a 510, and an 811 and still not qualify. Or three 811s and still not qualify. Unless Dish changes their mind and no one here can definitely state what the final terms will be. Nor can any CSR that you speak to.

So even if 14 CSRs tell you that you will be eligible, and 8 different Sat Guys threads say you can, if the final wording says you can't, then you can't.

For right now, the best information we have is that you will not be eligible.

Why would anyone send back there 510 or 811 for a $200 rebate??? You can make more than $200 if you sell them on Ebay. Hell I'd pay you $201 to take both of them off your hands :D .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts