811 comments

fredL

Original poster
May 12, 2004
:( My 811 has died. While watching TV last night the picture froze and the 811 wound not turn off so I unplugged it. Then after about an hour plugged it back in and would not turn on. Called dish this morning and the csr told me it was one-year-old last Wednesday and the warranty expired on that date. My choices were to pay to have it fixed, pay $25 shipping on a new one and lease it or purchase a new one outright. Boy, Dish really knows how to treat customers don’t they.

It did turn back on when plugged in this morning even without pressing the power button. Still locked up though. No response from any of the front panel buttons. TV says there is no signal.

Well i guess I could pay the 5.99 per month DNPP plan and get Dish to replace the 811, then cancel the plan. The csr would only say that E didn't have any restrictions on how long you subscribed to the DNPP plan. But wait, hmmmm, a customer for about 5 years at around 80 bucks a month. I'm thinking tomorrow I may just cancel E and try Direct for a year.

To fredl;
I was with directv for four years, never a problem. I can't say so much for Dish. Give Directv a try, you may like it. :yes

I'd go to direcTV as well. But I'm not going to pay $300 for a receiver. I can live with the cheap stuff

b657319 said:
To fredl;
I was with directv for four years, never a problem. I can't say so much for Dish. Give Directv a try, you may like it. :yes
Sure if you want HD channels that are compressed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than e*!!!!

Juan, are you sure about this? I'm not trying to start anything but what makes you sure that dish is producing better picture quality than Direct?
I am real close to switching, that's why I ask.
I've been with dish for 8 years now, maybe it's time for a change....

It's really only a problem with HDNet Movies, HBO, and Showtime. Also they all get compressed during Sunday Ticket. Other than that it's not much less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)