This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

811...DHP...confusion question from the newby

breathofj

Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I'm sorry to sound like such a newb. I've been a member here for a while, and I don't think I've ever posted. Just lurked....but thanks for all the information I've gotten!

Okay, so here's my deal:
Got an HDTV. Been waiting on the 811. I'm "leasing" two receivers right now, but I don't think there's any way I'm still under contract. I've had the stuff for 3 years now. Unfortunately, I don't even know what my "status" is with Dish...I just figure that there's no way I can still be under contract.

So, is there any way I can get the 811 on the lease program? If not, would it be advantagous to simply drop Dish and come back as a new customer (something I REALLY don't want to do, but I would like to lease the stuff or just go to Comcast HDTV)?

Thanks ahead of time for your answers, as I know this is newbie 101 territory

I REALLY want to keep Dish, as they've always been cool as hell to me. They replace my stuff if it goes bad (been trough 3 PVR receivers) and don't even hassle me. But...I want HDTV even MORE!

Thanks again,
Jason

Some DHP ppl seem to have luck. Other said that they were told an DHP deal would start on Friday.