811...DHP...confusion question from the newby

breathofj

Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I'm sorry to sound like such a newb. I've been a member here for a while, and I don't think I've ever posted. Just lurked....but thanks for all the information I've gotten!

Okay, so here's my deal:
Got an HDTV. Been waiting on the 811. I'm "leasing" two receivers right now, but I don't think there's any way I'm still under contract. I've had the stuff for 3 years now. Unfortunately, I don't even know what my "status" is with Dish...I just figure that there's no way I can still be under contract.

So, is there any way I can get the 811 on the lease program? If not, would it be advantagous to simply drop Dish and come back as a new customer (something I REALLY don't want to do, but I would like to lease the stuff or just go to Comcast HDTV)?

Thanks ahead of time for your answers, as I know this is newbie 101 territory ;)

I REALLY want to keep Dish, as they've always been cool as hell to me. They replace my stuff if it goes bad (been trough 3 PVR receivers) and don't even hassle me. But...I want HDTV even MORE! :D

Thanks again,
Jason

Some DHP ppl seem to have luck. Other said that they were told an DHP deal would start on Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts