811 downloads guide data every day

rshapiro6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
This just started happening a few weeks ago, rebooting doesn't solve it. Every day the 811 downloads guide info when I turn it on. Is there maybe a problem in the new firmware or is there an easy way to fix this? It's annoying not being able to watch tv for like 2 minutes after I turn it on every time.

rshapiro6 said:
This just started happening a few weeks ago, rebooting doesn't solve it. Every day the 811 downloads guide info when I turn it on. Is there maybe a problem in the new firmware or is there an easy way to fix this? It's annoying not being able to watch tv for like 2 minutes after I turn it on every time.

Are you powering off via remote every night? If it is being powered off, is the receiver tuned to an OTA or satellite channel?

NightRyder

Actually, you know what, we have the TV on a sleep timer and sometimes forget to shut off the box and it stays on, sometimes all day, is this affecting it?

rshapiro6 said:
Actually, you know what, we have the TV on a sleep timer and sometimes forget to shut off the box and it stays on, sometimes all day, is this affecting it?

Yep, in order for the guide to download when not in use, the receiver needs to be put in standby (powered off via the remote) and not left tuned to a OTA channel.

NightRyder

Well, I have no OTA hooked up, but it's still not being turned off when not in use. I'll try and turn it off more often. There's no sleep timer on the 811, right?

rshapiro6 said:
Well, I have no OTA hooked up, but it's still not being turned off when not in use. I'll try and turn it off more often. There's no sleep timer on the 811, right?

Correct, no sleep timer.

NightRyder

I have to download the program guide every two hours or so on my 811 every time it hangs and I have to pull the power plug! :(

Hopefully this thing will become more stable with time and more SW updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)