811: DVI Out Dark, Component Out OK?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Lots of talk about problems with dark output via DVI. How does the 811 look via component?

Is the 811 plaqued with problems?

Dish Network says $200 for 811 but requires 12/mo contract. Will they back down from 12/mo contract? I just want to try the 811. If it sucks, I would like to return it.

Can I go DHP for the 811 only? Then cancel DHP if I don't like it?

Are you currently a customer?

Personally, I think the 811 looks fantastic over component. Ironically, most of the little things that bug me about the 811 are non-HD related.

The lease option is DHA, which has no commitment, but if you want an 811 there IS a 12 month commitment to the HD Pak, so the DHA non-commitment really doesnt work w/ HD. I thought the free dish promo (which dish tries to hide but does exist) gets a 811 for $99 with a 1 yr commitment or for free with a 2 yr commitment, but that may be different.

Yes, the non-commitment does work with HD...

There is not a 12 month commitment to the HD Pak. You must subscribe to the HD pack while using the 811 until:

a) You are no longer a customer or
b) 12 months

Whichever happens first.

If you sign up for the DHA plan, and quit after 1 day, you have no further obligation to DISH other than to return the equipment.

BFG said:
The lease option is DHA, which has no commitment, but if you want an 811 there IS a 12 month commitment to the HD Pak, so the DHA non-commitment really doesnt work w/ HD. I thought the free dish promo (which dish tries to hide but does exist) gets a 811 for $99 with a 1 yr commitment or for free with a 2 yr commitment, but that may be different.

There is nothing about a 12-month HD Pak commitment anywhere in the DHA customer agreement. It simply says that while you have the 811, you must subscribe to the HD Pak. I've had CSRs tell me that they will release you from the HD PAK obligation after 12 months. I'd take that with a grain of salt, as it is not in the contract.

In any case, it does not mean you are committed to 12 months. You can walk away at any time, and not pay any type of penalty (unless you do not return the equipment)

I am a current subscriber for Dish Network. I own all of my current equipment. Can I get an 811 on DHA to try out? My goal is to see if I want to keep the 811. If I do, I have no problem payng. Just looking at options to getting there without 12/mo upfront commitment to something I may hate.

DHA is only available to new and former customers, current customers can not enroll in DHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)