811 hd picture problem hd discovery

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

plumfam4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh
Has any had or know why i am having a problem with discovery HD All other HD channels are fine I am getting a dotted line through picture. I have had the 811 for about a month. I had a problem when the channel banner was up but now it is all the time. I am using dvi output. Is it a bad receiver? Signal strength is 95 on the transponder. Tech support wasn't much help. Should I insist on a new receiver? Any and all ideas would be a help.

Thanks
Dan

This probably won't help, but it's so easy and solves a lot of problems. Hold in the power button on the 811 for 5-10 seconds to "reset" the receiver.

Also, try changing the 811 output to component to see if it exists on component. In fact you can hook up component and DVI to your TV at the same time, and just switch the 811 output from DVI to componet and back.

Finally, what output from the 811 are you using? 720p or 1080i? Try changing if your TV will see the second output.

plumfam4 said:
Has any had or know why i am having a problem with discovery HD All other HD channels are fine I am getting a dotted line through picture. I have had the 811 for about a month. I had a problem when the channel banner was up but now it is all the time. I am using dvi output. Is it a bad receiver? Signal strength is 95 on the transponder. Tech support wasn't much help. Should I insist on a new receiver? Any and all ideas would be a help.

Thanks
Dan
I had a similar problem with this doted line that would flash on the screen diagonally on Discovery HD channel only, that started after I adjusted the picture from the HDTV Setup (9 on Inst. and Setup menu) fix it by going to Factory Defaults (6 on Inst. and Setup menu) and doing reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)