811 OTA No Picture on a Few Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Have you all had a problem where your 811 is picking up a channel really well, about 90%, but it will not show the picture on the main channel. For example 22-1 will not show up but 22-2 is fine. The reason I know there is not something messed up at the tower is b/c i have an integrated ATSC tuner in my other HDTV, a Samaung, and both channels show up fine. I don;t understand why the 811 will not show its picture. Any ideas.

BTW. This is happening on both WB and UPN which are boradcasted from the same place in Raleigh NC. I just don't understand. THanks

no idea. since last night the signal has dropped on all channels a lot. And I still have this problem. The signal dropped b/c it was raining and normally when there is cloud cover my signal is in the 90-100% range. Today its b/c 63-80 on all channels.

this just makes no sense that 28-2 shows a picture but 28-1 does not. I can't wait to get my 622.

just went outside and played w/ the antenna a bit. made it lose all signal while on the channel that wouldn't show picture, placed it back in the correct position and the pic shows up fine. I think i did it. I was wrong. I change the channel and go back and its all black again. I go outside and do the same thing. Move it away from tower and place it back at the exact spot it was it. Pic comes up . I change the channel and go back and no picture. I do all the above again to the same result 5 times.

I can now honestly say that I HAVE NO IDEA lol.

I have had this happen on a couple of DFW stations several months ago. Apparently the stations were not transmitting the correct PSIP data. In one case the digital channel transmits on channel 24 but the PSIP data identifies it to the receiver as 23.1. When I tried selecting the channel, the receiver showed 95% signal but displayed either a blank screen or a error message indicating the signal was lost. The funny thing was my old model 6000 would go ahead and tune the channel but would identify it as 24.1 (the actual transmit channel) instead of 23.1. Both stations apparently got the PSIP problems fixed because everything has been fine the last two months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts