811 remote controlling 522 DVR

poppak

Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Just installed two 811's with my HD TV's, and one 522 DVR for the rest of the house (all rooms wired with coax). I have the 2nd TV port from the 522 modulated on channel 43, and can see that channel on every TV in the house (including the two HD's, thanks to a nifty DiPlexer setup a friend turned me on to).

Now, the question: does anyone know how to program the 811 remote (it says 8.0 UHF PRO on the back) so that the DVR buttons will make the 522 DVR work (the 2nd room remote for the DVR says 6.0 IR/UHF PRO on the back)???? I figured I could use the "AUX" setting, but can't seem to find the right code. I could always get a second remote, but thought I would see if anyone has run into this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The remote address would have to be set the same as the 522. Your options are reset the remote each time (it cannot control both receivers at the same time) or get another remote. The AUX button cannot control another sat box.

go to the dvr 522 and take off the back antenna for the remote.. it has a little red flag on it. then go to the 811 and go to the system info screen. at the system info screen grab the 811 remote an hold down the sat buton till all other butons flash on the top of the remote then let go. press 06 # then wait till the sat buton flasshes 3 times then press record on the remote. after that go re attach the remote antenna to the dvr and your problem should be solved.
:) thats if your dvr and 811 is on the same remote frequancy..

Goaliebob, You miss read what the original poster was asking. He wants to know if he can use the 811 remote AUX button to control the 522.

goaliebob99 said:
gotcha the thred name through me off.. i thought the 811 remote was controling tv 2 on the 522...
Actually so did I until I read the post.

Goaliebob, Kevin, thanks for your replies.

You are both correct, I am trying to use one remote to control my 811 and the tv2 on the 522. Using the Aux functionality was just one idea.

Goaliebob, with your suggestion of putting the remotes on the same remote frequency, the 811 remote when being used for normal channels would still interfere with someone watching tv2 on the 522, right?

Looks like two remotes it is. Anyone know where to get the TV2 remotes cheap???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)