J

jhump

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2005
I have been having major issues with my 811. It locks up about everyday anymore. Also everytime it rains anymore I loose my signal. Does anybody else have this problem. Is there something wrong with my box. I never had this problem with Time Warner.

J

jhump

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2005
It has been up for awhile. I only like it because I can watch all the fox sports channels during college football and basketball season.

J

jhump

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2005
The 811 isn't a DVR. I wish it was.

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
I have an 811 with 289 software and it is working fine. No lockups at all, no lost signals during the last two days of rain.

mudder1310

mudder1310

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2004
Beaverton, Or
What are your signal levels on 119 and 110, transponders 11 and 12? They should both be over 85 at least.

J

jhump

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2005
Not sure what they are. I will have to check. I have the new software updates but it seems odd everytime it rains anymore it goes out. When I first got dish about a year ago it worked all them time when it rained.

tonyp56

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
If I had to take a guess, it sounds like your dish is out of wack. Check your signal strength and if it is lower than 85-90 on those two transponders that mudder said then you need to re-aim your dish. If it was installed on a pole then it may have turned a little. Beyond that the dish itself could have moved just a little. (it doesn't take much)

J

jhump

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2005
I check that last night I have it locked in at 97. So we will see next time it rains.