8PSK.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I have searched , but am unable to learn much about this . What is 8PSK [ roughly ] ? Do I need to modify a receiver ? I did see these notes beside some of the channels. If this has been discussed elsewhere , a link would be appreciated. My technical knowledge is limited. Thanks much .:confused:

Quickly and roughly. PSK stands for Phase Shift Keying, and all the PSK variants are modulation schemes with various advantages and disadvantages. QPSK is Quadrature Phase Shift Keying and has 4 data bits per symbol. 8PSK has 8 data bits per symbol, so had the capability of more data in a given amount of time. More data per symbol makes it cheaper to transmit large amounts of data, so it's more efficient and cost broadcasters less money to use the 8PSK modulation.
Generally you can't modify a receiver ( unless the manufacturer has built in the upgrade option ) . There are different variations on the 8PSK, which further confuse issues. Dish Network , for example, uses Turbo-8PSK modulation on many of it's transponders.
[edit] For FTA purposes, we generally look for receivers that support DVB-S2, QPSK & 8PSK modulations , mpeg2 and mpeg4 ( h.264) compression . That's pretty much the world standard HD receiver specs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)