921 Dilema? (1 Viewer)

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,018
1,687
New York City
I was just e-mailed that I could get a 921 within two weeks. If I opt out, $50 will be non-refundable and charged to me. After all the bugs about the 921, I feel hesitant to invest in this receiver. Also, given the experience with the 721 as to features that were never implemented such as opentv, internet, I feel E* can also pull the same thing with the 921 firewire activation.

If I do get the 921, I'll be swapping my 6000. I am wondering if people got a decent price for their 6000. You can either e-mail, post or pm as I try to decide what to do. I was very excited about the 921 when I first I heard about it and now I do not feel such excitment anymore.
 

Jerry G

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 17, 2003
112
0
Sean Mota said:
I was just e-mailed that I could get a 921 within two weeks. If I opt out, $50 will be non-refundable and charged to me. After all the bugs about the 921, I feel hesitant to invest in this receiver. Also, given the experience with the 721 as to features that were never implemented such as opentv, internet, I feel E* can also pull the same thing with the 921 firewire activation.

I was very excited about the 921 when I first I heard about it and now I do not feel such excitment anymore.

Given your current feelings, I'd hold off getting a 921 until you are satisfied with it's features and stability. Me, well, except for the OTA bug, I'm thrilled to have a 921. In one to two weeks, the OTA bug should be squashed, and I'll be even happier with my 921.
 

rudolpht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
587
0
I am happy with the 921, if only because I have Voom for OTA & non-Dish channels. That said if FW is not implimented I will be fit to be tied & I think there is a dastardly plot to delay until after the Apr cut off for FCC. I am assuming Mark would give you the $50 towards something else.

Tim
 

YourNameHere

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 2, 2004
16
0
I would gladly take that deal! I am on 2 waiting lists that seem to be going nowhere. I have begun to think that Dish has just stopped shipping for some reason or another. It is beginning to feel like they let loose of whatever units they already had produced the last part of December and then just quit.

If you don't want the deal I will gladly take it. ;)
 

Bogney

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 9, 2003
21
0
Sean Mota said:
I was just e-mailed that I could get a 921 within two weeks. If I opt out, $50 will be non-refundable and charged to me.
I assume you got the same Email I got from Dish Depot. When I first read it I thought that if I cancelled I would not be charged the $50. You have interrupted it that we would be charged the $50. Now I am not sure. I have pasted the Email below for other interpretations.

"You had placed an order for the 921 back in Febuary 2003. I know it has been a long wait, so we wanted to verify that you still want the 921 as ordered. Delivery should happen within 2 weeks. We will be charging the $50 non-refundable deposit upon confirmation of your order and charging the $949 remainder when the 921s are shipping.
Please confirm order or cancellation?"
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,018
1,687
New York City
Yeah same e-mail. Yet I do remember that when I placed the order I made the commitment of the $50.00. I did not have a chance to call DD today but I will tomorrow. If I can get out of the deal as you suggest, I will not get it. I will rather wait until the 921 gets the FW, OTA PG, and the bugs out.
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,018
1,687
New York City
YourNameHere said:
I would gladly take that deal! I am on 2 waiting lists that seem to be going nowhere. I have begun to think that Dish has just stopped shipping for some reason or another. It is beginning to feel like they let loose of whatever units they already had produced the last part of December and then just quit.

If you don't want the deal I will gladly take it. ;)

I gladly will give you my spot if you are interested... :)
 

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
3,412
436
n
I'd hold off. But, I did get $500 for my 6000u today on eBay...listed for less than 12 hours!
 

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
98,770
16,071
Newington, CT
Man you guys should have ordered from DishStore.NET where there is no $50 cancellation fee. :D

Although Delivery of 921's seemed to have stopped, after last weeks good size shipment, this week we have received none.
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,018
1,687
New York City
I just spoke to Mark from DD. I cancelled the order and he understood my reasoning (no FW, OTA bug, no OTA PG). Mark is a nice guy and he's not going to charge the $50.00. So there it goes... He has limited amount of 921s...
 

Mainstreet

Satellite Guru
Supporting Founder
Oct 4, 2003
281
0
Texas
I think he may just be optimistic that the production is going to be ramped up, and supply is going to be better in 2 weeks. I am still skeptical of that. I was only able to squeak out a small portion (5) of the ones I have on backorder today.

I am thinking that we may be lucky to fill the rest of the orders on waiting list in 3-4 weeks if everything keeps going the same as it is now.

I'm still not going to charge a deposit, though. I don't see the need as long as everyone keeps their word and notifies us if they don't need on the list anymore. But, I guess if they GUARANTEE it within 2 weeks, it may be worth gambling the $50. Who knows?
 

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
98,770
16,071
Newington, CT
Sean its good to hear that Mark let you out of the deal, he is a good guy. While I promote DishStore.NET I have nothing but good things to say about DishDepot, I have purchased most of my equipment from him.

As always the DishStore.NET waiting list is not charging a $50 deposit, and we are expecting another load of 921s hopefully by tommorow. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top