Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
921 & DP-34.
Quad pointing at 110 & 119
300 pointing at 61.5

I have the AEP 'Almost Everything Package' with HD Pak and CBS-HD on 61.5.

About 11 PM I was flipping through the guide and noticed some of my regular subscribed channels were no longer available and then there were a lot more channels that I have never seen before.

5500 was a Test_5 audio channel, then there were a bunch of 7000's that I have never seen. Also saw the Card swap channel. Too many to remember or list here.

I did a power-button reset. Things just got worse. MY HD channels were blank screen. Audio channels (sirius) and locals all lost signal lock.

Did a power cord reset - Now things really went bad. Check switch screen tuner 1 didn't see 61.5 any more, just 110 & 119 and tuner 2 had 110 and 110 for satellites.(no 119 or 61.5) WHen it did detect a satellite, it would Status 'OK' it.

Several more power-button, smart card and power cord resets all netted different results every time I did a check switch. Sometimes it would detect the DP-34 some times it reported 41. Device type would go from Quad, Feed, and Dual or any combination of the 3.

CSR's at E* were no help. They had me reset the box again. It wouldn't get past the check switch screen without giving me an error 621.

I finally did another power cord reset. Then the check switch went through and all was right with the world once again.

After 3 hours it is finally working again. I have NO IDEA what started all of this.

Through all of this, the 522 in the other room passed the check switch and didn't have extra or lost channels.

Anyone else ever have unseen channels just show up, then disappear again?

I am glad someone on these web boards told me about the proper way to reboot this receiver with a power cord reset ( 2minutes and 20 seconds). I had been just pushing the power button like on the 721 and it didn't fix anything. Now , knock on wood, I can record on my ota channels. The red/green/blue line I saw on sd and hd channels on my dvi and component output has gone away. I haven't lost any timers either. I am thinking of doing one of these weekly at night before I go to bed just to keep the receiver working good. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts