921 Not Locking Transponders For HD Channels. Help!

leefarber

Supporting Founder
Aug 9, 2004
I just got a 921, and everything is fine so far except...

For some reason, I'm getting a "Channel Lock Lost" message on all the HD channels. I went into the Point Dish screen, and sure enough, my signal strength is fine on all of 110's transponders EXCEPT 7, 13 and 17, the ones that correspond to the HD networks.

I had a technician come out this morning, thinking it was a dish alignment issue. I live in an apartment, and the dish is mounted on a tripod on the balcony, with a limited line of sight. My 119 signal has always been at or near 100%, and my 110 signal has always been around 55% (not optimal, but certainly workable). BUt the technician couldn't explain why those three transpoders offer NO signal whatsoever. I called Dish Tech Support, and even they were puzzled, saying that usually the problem is with either all even transponders, or all odd ones, but not three specific ones.

And what's even weirder is when I first hooked up the 921 two days ago, those channels came in fine! It wasn't until later that evening that I first had the problem. I've tried a smart card reboot and a holding-the-power-button-down reboot, but no luck. Dish is sending a "Lead Technician" out on Sunday, but I wish I knew what the problem was. Can anyone help? Please?

Lee

P.S. This was also posted on the DBSTalk forum. Apologies for the cross-post, but I'm desperate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)