922 beta Program

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
How can I become a part of the 922 beta tester program? I am a Dish customer with the 722K, but I would much rather test out a 922.

How much of the hard drive is for the DVR? Any estimate of how many HD hours vs. SD hours?

I'm still working on this, remember this is still a beta.

I set up a lot of timers and when I went back to check on it, nothing had recorded. I had to unplug the unit and then things started to record, we'll see how it goes now.

Even then it is not going to be an exact science because of the differences in sizes of programs. Is the external hard drive is working yet? If so you could see the size of the files on that (at least you can on the other receivers).

Hmmm. Percentages. Reminds me of the SONY OTA HD DVR. Ungood. Much better to have an estimate of hours. Surely they can see that?

Even then it is not going to be an exact science because of the differences in sizes of programs. Is the external hard drive is working yet? If so you could see the size of the files on that (at least you can on the other receivers).

No EHD support yet. I have one hooked up to a USB port and will check it once and a while.

I don't see how they're going to release this anytime soon. I'm having to unplug my unit a lot to reset it when it hangs.

AKGolf,
That's the same thing I'm hearing from my dealer buddy. As much as everyone wants one I just hope they don't release it too early!

So far 34 hours of recording and it's 18% full.

However when I got home I had to reset the 922 because it wouldn't respond to the remote, not that unusual.

HD hours?

Same here. I don't know if you ever had a 921, but this is reminding me of that.
Well, you've just ensured I won't be getting one of these for a good long time, if ever! :shocked

HD hours?

Well, you've just ensured I won't be getting one of these for a good long time, if ever! :shocked

I think they'll iron out the problems, but there are still problems. I know a few people have posted that they hope it's released soon, but if they got one today they would ask for a refund.

Most of the issues now are cosmetic, but there are still a few bugs..

1) Timers don't fire, or if they do the never STOP recording, the only way to end the recording is reboot the receiver.

2) Sometimes the receiver does not grab an IP address from the DHCP server, which means Sling dont work. Even when you go in and reset the connection and the receiver gets an IP the sling still dont work. The only way Sling works is if it grabs an IP address from the DHCP server.

3) When Sling is working it is not in HD, its like having a Singbox Pro non HD unit, when the unit is supposed to be a Slingbox pro HD.

I have liked the remotes more now that they added the numeric keyboard function. Now only it supported IR remotes too. :)

I hope I don't sound to negative. I like the unit but there are still issues that need fixed before they release this.

I hope I don't sound to negative. I like the unit but there are still issues that need fixed before they release this.
I agree, this receiver is going to be Dish Networks "Crown Jewel" they need t release it as rock solid as they can get it BEFORE they release it.

If they release it as it is now, there are going to be a lot of complaints on this very site.

Come on Dish, get it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)