922 IR Remote codes?

HTPC4Me

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
US
I've got a new 922 (came with 2 remotes labeled 1 and 2), and I'm trying to get my Phillips Pronto universal remote programmed to work with them. I've enabled IR in the 922's setup menu... but now can't figure out how to get the codes into my Pronto. The remotes that came with it appear to have IR emitting capabilities, but don't seem to actually emit anything but RF for the 922 commands. I've read tons of threads about the Harmony codebase now working - via codes that were provided by Dish. So two questions:
1. Is there any posted set of IR codes in RC5/6/MM format somewhere?
2. Is there any way to make the remote that came with the 922 emit IR?

I did find in one post the following statement that may answer question 2:
If you have a Dish IR remote on "sat 1 (i.e. hold the sat button until it blinks put in 01#)" it will control the 922 without issue. So, you can use one to train a learning remote, or if your learning remote has a code for Dish it will probably work too.
But I'm heistent to try that simply because I have no idea how to put it back into RF mode when I'm done. If that works, is there any way to get it back into RF mode?

What you could do is get a 20.0 722k remote for 20 bucks an that emits IR frequencies only with no setup. Use that just like the 923 remote. Not familiar with your brand but with my logitech I just had to choose which receiver I had and it programmed it via USB. So if yours is like this then just select 722 instead of 922

The Pronto remotes are a bit different, but I did make some progress. I found the 722 codes posted at RC Forums: Dish network ViP 922 - IR Protocol?, but it's missing a few (Most importantly, the "Format" button). There are preprogrammed codesets for Dish on the Pronto software (Codesets 802, 1032, and 1197), but I haven't attempted the trial-and-error method with them yet. That'll be my next step if nothing else pans out.

HTPC4Me said:
The Pronto remotes are a bit different, but I did make some progress. I found the 722 codes posted at RC Forums: Dish network ViP 922 - IR Protocol?, but it's missing a few (Most importantly, the "Format" button). There are preprogrammed codesets for Dish on the Pronto software (Codesets 802, 1032, and 1197), but I haven't attempted the trial-and-error method with them yet. That'll be my next step if nothing else pans out.

Instead of the format key try page up/page down to change format.

Yes any standard address 1 commands for any vip receiver should work just fine. You will be missing the Blue and Yellow commands and the info button might act funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)