922 or 722k (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!


Jun 22, 2007
I received word that the 922 may be released as early as the beginning of May. I need a new HD DVR right now though and can use my Dish n' it up to get a 722k for cheap. Should I get the 722k now under the theory that a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush? Will there be any way to upgrade to a 922 if it comes out in May?

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!


SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 7, 2007
Eureka, IL
If you go 722k now, you cannot use Dish n' it up on the 922 in May, meaning in order to get it, it will cost you a fortune. I wouldn't bet on the 922 being out that early, so you may be waiting a while if you are holding out. Guess it depends on how bad you want that DVR right now!


SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
I figure I'll wait until the 922 is out and reviewed, then make up my mind. Hopefully the OTA issues will be resolved by then too. I don't record a whole lot in the summer anyway, so there's nothing lost in waiting until late summer or fall.

I have doubts on the remote and user interface of the 922 - it will either be super-cool or super-misguided (I'm hoping for super-cool).
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts