922 streaming in HD issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bradfordj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2009
CA
Has anyone had problems with the slingplayer when set to HD at dish.sling.com? The video is sluggish and the audio goes in/out. It's streaming at about 4,000 Kbps.

When set to SD it seems fine. It looks much better in HD though. They gotta get the streaming side working more smoothly. That's the whole point of this receiver - to be able to watch live TV/DVR shows "anywhere". Even on the iphone 3g the stream is sluggish. I'm using a Linksys WRT400N rougter and using a homeplug adapter. Is anyone having any luck watching the slingplayer at dish.sling.com in HD smoothly?

Thanks.

I do not have much issue with it using wired eithernet. It looks like it goes up to 7 mbit/sec, but it usually stays under 5. The main issue I have is how to control it. I have to escape full screen to work the virtual remote that is very sluggish, then go back to full screen for commercials. Occasionally the audio is a bit out of sync. It is like it slows the bitrate way down, they it slowly speeds back up.

I find the whole thing very annoying. I much rather be able to use the sling software in HD to connect to the 922.

Has anyone had problems with the slingplayer when set to HD at dish.sling.com? The video is sluggish and the audio goes in/out. It's streaming at about 4,000 Kbps.

When set to SD it seems fine. It looks much better in HD though. They gotta get the streaming side working more smoothly. That's the whole point of this receiver - to be able to watch live TV/DVR shows "anywhere". Even on the iphone 3g the stream is sluggish. I'm using a Linksys WRT400N rougter and using a homeplug adapter. Is anyone having any luck watching the slingplayer at dish.sling.com in HD smoothly?

Thanks.

It will not play HD on my PC smoothly at all. I'm having basically all the issues you are having.

It will not play HD on my PC smoothly at all. I'm having basically all the issues you are having.

Ok. I just wanna make sure it's not me before I shell out on routers, adapters and faster internet for this thing. They gotta get this HD video streaming thing running smoother. I tried streaming with my iphone in the car on standard and the video stream was grainy and at times sluggish. Even changing channels and accessing the menu/guide is slow. They should have the guide a touch screen kinda like the dish remote access.

They have their work cut out for them. If Youtube and Hulu can do it, Dish and Sling Media can do it. Unfortunately, I think it's never gonna be perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)