922 upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hayden Price

Original poster
Dec 10, 2018
Tracy, CA
Sorry for the long question. I've been a longtime Dish customer but have remained old school by purchasing my receivers and not moving to the Hopper. The main reason is I have a home in the mountains and I'm able to run all three receivers through one subscription. I'm using a 922, 722 and 612. I'm on my 3rd 922 and this one is ready to die. I've had no luck finding a refurbished 922, only 722's available. If I replace the 922 with a Hopper would I need to upgrade my LNB? Can I run the Hopper and my 722/612 on the same dish/lnb? Any suggestions on how to manage two locations on one account? Thanks in advance for your comments.

I don’t think they’d activate a 922 even if you found another one.

It’s a clay pigeon. A BIG clay pigeon.

LEASE a Hopper 3 and maybe a couple of Joeys. No savings by owning. Possible resale value not worth it, as you are finding out about your current boxes. And those ViPs may well be phased out soon anyway.

And they won’t let you self install a Hopper system. The wiring and components are different from ViP days.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you decide on a hopper system you will need a 211k or wally for your seasonal home, otherwise you will need 2 accounts.
Unless, of course, he installs 2 Hopper 3s, one of which he moves to his seasonal home when he is there. That said, it sounds as if he wants to have consistent service at two locations all the time and that is not allowed.

Thanks all for the feedback. I do have two locations under one account, my primary home and a seasonal cabin. The cabin does not have access to internet. Based on all the feed back I think I will just keep the VIP's until they lock me out. I've purchased a refurbished 722k to replace my 922 when it dies(which looks like it will happen anytime). Thanks Again

Reactions: dishdude
Thanks all for the feedback. I do have two locations under one account, my primary home and a seasonal cabin. The cabin does not have access to internet. Based on all the feed back I think I will just keep the VIP's until they lock me out. I've purchased a refurbished 722k to replace my 922 when it dies(which looks like it will happen anytime). Thanks Again

I'd probably recommend going to Wallies if anything. Add a hard drive and you've got the closest thing to the ViPs.

I have a 522 , 622, 922 , Hws. Hopper 3 and Joey 1 and 3 . The older receivers are sitting in my closet. They are all still listed on my account and Ready to activate . I have switched back between the 622 and 922 last year when my Hws was acting up.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
You change your wiring back and forth?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would just remove the hub and hook the receiver back up call dish and done.one of the benefits of owning your own equipment.

They will let you self install a purchased hopper, as long as it is not purchased from Dish. It was the same for the VIP equipment.
The only reason I think for purchasing your own Hopper is to avoid the 2 year commitment. Other than that, it's probably better to lease it from Dish.
That said, other than calling for activation, etc. It an upgrade from the HWS to a H3 a simple swap?

The only reason I think for purchasing your own Hopper is to avoid the 2 year commitment. Other than that, it's probably better to lease it from Dish.
That said, other than calling for activation, etc. It an upgrade from the HWS to a H3 a simple swap?
No it is not, necessarily, a simple swap. H3s require hybrid technology and that means an LNB change or insertion of a 42 switch. Also, if you have Joeys, the Node must be changed to a Hub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts