942 Goes Absolutely Bonkers

LosingPatience

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2004
LaPaz, Indiana
Saturday evening, I noticed that my 942 was recording something - and I knew that it shouldn't be. I checked the DVR menu and it was recording two instances of "Information Not Available." I checked the schedule and there were about 60 one-hour "Info Not Available" events that were going to record over the next 24 hours. I checked the guide and many channels only went out two or so hours, so I did a check switch to ultimately force the box to download new guide data. No change. I did a power button reboot, and about half of those 60 "Info Not Available" events went away and I had the full guide back. I repeated the check switch and reboot but I was still left with 30 "Info Not Available" events. I manually skipped the ones that were coming up before the next auto-update of the guide (which I have set for 5:00PM) on Sunday. Sunday evening, the guide was still fine but I was back to about 60 of these bogus events. I manually traced most of them to a Simpsons "New episodes" timer and a Daily Show "new episodes" timer. I deleted and re-added both timers, and the schedule is now pretty clean.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

I'm left wondering if I got a bad guide data download and that screwed everything up (since I had a full 9-day guide on Friday, but only a 2-hour guide on Saturday).

I never noticed until now that there is no utility in the menus to force a rebuild of the events schedule database. That's pretty short-sighted. It's really stupid that you have to keep doing a check switch and rebooting - and delete and re-add timers - to clear up a corruption problem like this. Any database-driven application should have a way to rebuild its indexes on demand.

This is the first real issue I've had with my 942.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)