942 Install Question

DizzyD

Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
942 Install Question (Updated with problems still)

I recently aquired a 942 receiver and a DPP 44 switch (to avoid running another coax).

After a faiiry trouble-free install, I tried hooking up an outdoor antenna for OTA locals. I ran my outs from my LNB into the antenna (Dish Mount) and then out to my switch. It all runs down into the LR and into the separater.

For my first question: Will it work if I run my duplex into SAT 1 and Ant? If not what are my options?

Second: For whatever reason I cant run my 942 in 16 X 9 mode, it black bars my regular stations, but the HD stations are great. Likewise if I run it in 4 X 3 #2 My regular channels are full screen and my HD's are Black barred. Is there something in the 942 I'm missing or is my TV (Panny PT-47X49) just not capable of switching.

Thanx in advance for the feedback.

Update: I have hooked it up as follows:

Coming out of the switch I have it run into the diplexer, from the SAT side into a jumper that feeds my separater, from the separater into SAT 1 & 2 on my 942. Then a jumper from TV/UHF on my diplexer to the ANT on the back of the 942.

What am I doing wrong? Either it's simple stupid or I am seriously missing something. Does the OTA (Terk) HAVE to have cables plugged into 1 and 2 even though I am only running it to 1 TV?

Again TY

You have to make sure that the power inserter has nothing between it and the switch other than a ground block, a coax jumper will come from the power inserter and go to a diplexer's in/out port, another jumper goes from the sat port on the dip to the seperator and two smaller jumpers from it to the reciever, a final jumper will then leave the uhf/vhf port on the dip to your recievers 8vsb coax port and you should be set.

O.K. that makes a bit more sense. I had it hooked up all wrong!! I had it wired as follows:

Nothing between the switch and the inserter but...from the insterter to the separater, then into the duplexer.

If I read your post right (long day) it should go into the duplexer first then into the separator, my 2 coax's out from my separator to SAT 1 & 2, then the ANT from my duplexer into the ANT on the back of the 942.

Again thanks for all the advice :)

yep, shoud look like one two way splitter feeding another from the left side and the second two way splitter feeding both sat ports 1 & 2 and the second line off the first splitter running to the 8vsb port.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)