A better look - SuperDish LNB's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok folks these are for you guys that requested better pictures of the SuperDish Feed assembly these pictures are for you. :)

These pictures are from a Type II SuperDish.

Enjoy!

Click on any picture to see it full size

Thanks Scott! Good stuff!

It appears there are NO adjustments between the LNBFs, so everything is rigidly held in the same positions relative to each other. Is that what you saw?

Someone else here reported not long ago that there would be an adjustment on the position of the lnbf's but that aparantly is not the case here from what Scott has just said.

What type of metal is that that clamps the LNBFs? aluminium, steel? Is it heavy?

The heavier it is the more it would weigh down the end of the dish. I would think that they would use lightweight material, perhaps a hard plastic, but it looks like metal to me.

Someone on the retailer forums has mentioned not long ago something about having an adjustment on the position of the lnbf's.

It is METAL and was indeed heavy. These feeds are "industrial strength" (My words not Dish) :)

And from what I saw in Baltimore there is no adjustment on the LNBF.

OK, that is good that there will be no adjustments on the lnbf after hearing here and there that there would have to be adjustments done to them (I did not think there would have to be adjustments done to them in the first place).

I need a site with more technical info on the various Superdish components. I would like to get as much detail as possible.

I figure once the SuperDish is released Nov.1st there will be more of this type of information available here and that the information is limited due to the fact that the dish has not be released yet.

FSS-1 DNSC TEXAS said:
I need a site with more technical info on the various Superdish components. I would like to get as much detail as possible.

I guess you didn't watch yesterdays retailer tech chat when they showed you step by step how to install and upgrade to a SuperDish. :)

Can't one use a out of market Stacked FSS LNBF and keep the Dish 500? How about using a non-stacked FSS LNBF, will the IRDs support that too?

It looked like (from Dish's install instructions) that the Type 1 was adjustable (a set screw on the arm between the 110º and 119º LNBs). The sweet spot on the dish is obviously the centered FSS LNB ... and it looks like they are accepting a less favorable position for the side LNBs, compensated for by the larger dish and higher powered DBS satellites.

To design a dish that is 2º compliant for FSS but still can receive a signal 14º off center with two offset LNBs for DBS must have taken some engineering. No t being able to adjust the offset of the 119º LNB could lead to a weaker signal. (I note that the instructions want a near equal signal level on the 119º outrigger and the 105º FSS LNB.)

I also note that the signal level meter still ends at 125, so they apparently are not expecting the larger dish size to push the signal over the limit. They must be accepting the loss.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)