A Big Hasle to Change Programming Package.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Today I spent over an hour online Chat trying to change my programming package,What a Hassle.
All I wanted to do ,in order to save money was change from Classic 250 (with HD) to the Turbo HD Silver package with the DVR avantage (Locals etc)At first I was told your not allowed to change to all HD package (No reason given).It took close to an hour to get this CSR to make this change for me as I threatened to contact CEO with a copy of the online transcript of what I was asking to do.I told CSR others have been allowed to change what is the reason I cant.Then he reluctantly made the change(By the way it took over an hour after the call for the programming to change, I thought that was strange.)

For myself paying close to 80.00 a month(With new price increase)for alot of channels I dont watch was a big waste of money.Sure I miss out on a few favorite channels like Biography,Encore but I can live without.Was it just me or do other people who want to change over have such a big hassle.

Also on a side note I just added at home to my Netflix a ROKU player where you can download alot of old TV shows and movies for the price of your Netflix and Watch on your TV.If you are able to split your Internet connection its totally worth it since Dish on Demand is such a Joke.Anyone have any questions about this player contact me (andyin137@aol.com)Its totally worth the 99.00 to be able to watch old shows and movies thru netflix and even with a slow internet connection it takes less than 2 minutes to be able to watch a show.

First, you need to delete your email address from the post, to avoid SPAM. Folks can PM you instead. Second, you should send a transcript of the chat to the CEO address with your complaint so that CSR can be educated properly.

i have been trying to change from the 250 package with all hd programing to the AEP + ALL HD programming and i have been given so many different prices. i also have 2 hd receivers and 1 sd receiver. and even tonight i was told just the aep costs 82.98 no idea where this price amount comes from. and they tried to quote me a price of 117.97 for all my receivers aep and all hd and was quoted that on the low end to a price of 140.98 no one can ever give the same price.

This is a special Email Address not my primary !

First, you need to delete your email address from the post, to avoid SPAM. Folks can PM you instead. Second, you should send a transcript of the chat to the CEO address with your complaint so that CSR can be educated properly.

The email address I gave is not my primary so its not a concern if I get alot of spam ,I do know how to delete.Thanks for the advice though!!

I know how you feel.

i have been trying to change from the 250 package with all hd programing to the AEP + ALL HD programming and i have been given so many different prices. i also have 2 hd receivers and 1 sd receiver. and even tonight i was told just the aep costs 82.98 no idea where this price amount comes from. and they tried to quote me a price of 117.97 for all my receivers aep and all hd and was quoted that on the low end to a price of 140.98 no one can ever give the same price.

Dishnetwork needs to pull it together and Hire CSRs who have a Brain,just now looking at my account after all the changes ,it looks like they are trying to charge me extra fee for DVR(I am on DVR advantage)should only be 10.00 a month over Turbo Silver ,price should be 49.99 plus 10.00 plus the 5.99 DHpp(I dont know if thats gone up yet or not)My Bill should be around 60.00 a month ,but I will keep an eye on bill .Hope I dont have to call Dish(I hate calling them)

I have the HD Absolute with HBO, Starz, penny Cmax, and locals. I see nothing that Dish has announced upcoming this year that I want. I do not even want to talk with them until they improve customer service.

It is funny when I got rid of the superstations by phone, they said you can do this by internet or the dish. I told them that no I couldn't do it from the internet, they took that option away and told me to call. With the price going up had to get rid of something.

It is funny when I got rid of the superstations by phone, they said you can do this by internet or the dish. I told them that no I couldn't do it from the internet, they took that option away and told me to call. With the price going up had to get rid of something.

i tried to remove the platinum package and the superstations last night on my online account and it would not let me do it. it gave me a response that i could only change programming once in a 12 month period online and i would have to call:confused::confused:. i'm pretty sure that i have made more than a couple changes online before. not sure why it happened. i am going to try again later and see if that was just a bug in the online account page, if it does it again i will use chat. not planning on having to call to change my account. i hate the csr's over in India.

I downgraded my programming from the AEP, Turbo Gold, Platinum HD to just the Turbo Gold with locals. It was done in a very short time with no problems. CSR knew exactly what to do, for a change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)