GEOSATpro A Couple of Minor Issues

DRCars

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Southern USA
ISSUE 1

"TP already exists! - Jump exist tp" leaves commingled display on screen.

Go to "TP List"
Select "Add" and enter an existing tp in the "Add TP" screen that appears
Select "Save"

When "TP already exists!" prompt appears:

Choose [NO] (Jump exist tp)

The "TP List" and the "Add TP" screens become commingled with remote focus still on the "Add TP" screen. Select "Cancel" and everything will be okay again.

ISSUE 2

When there is a "[Dolby D]" audio signal sometimes the "Info - Info" screen does not have enough room to display all the info on the PID line and the PCR PID is cut off.

No big deal unless you need to know the PCR.

?ISSUE 3?

I think I have seen errors in the PID reported for Audio when it is "[Dolby D]" but need to research this some more to be certain if it only applies to [Dolby D]. Anyone else noticed any errors like this?

Really like the MicroHD.

DRCars

Okay, I have looked around at some Audio PIDs and I am finding that there are some that are reported incorrectly for both AAC and Dolby D. I haven't run across any MPEG audio with APID errors.

There is a mux on AMC 1 4040 H 30000 that I shall not name (it is on The List but with different SR) where this can be verified by others in case there is something funky with my MicroHD. For example SID 9 has a VPID 900 APID 9093[Dolby D] on the MicroHD when it is actually APID=901. All the channels in this mux have the same relative VPID/APID relationship (APID=VPID+1). SID 210 has APID reported as 33426[AAC] when it is actually 658 (VPID=657).

This must be a display issue since all the FTA channels have audio.

I am running the latest firmware (.15) that came out today but have loaded a saved userdb file.

DRCars

This may help:

Bad APID 33426 is 82 92 hex
Real APID 658 is 02 92 hex

Bad APID 9093 is 23 85 hex
Real APID 901 is 03 85 hex

It appears that an extra byte is being read or an extraneous byte being added somewhere in the firmware code in particular circumstances.

Also, I don't think this is new to the latest firmware. I noticed the problem in .13.

BTW, I have seen a couple of symbol rates off by 125 lately as was discussed in an earlier thread by Iceberg et. al. (before the .15 firmware). Any progress on that front?

DRCars

Last edited:
I have also experianced that when you format a USB stick, the text/graphics for the format do not disappear when the format is done, and if you cursor up or down, the graphics of the other options start to overwrite. (just going by memory now, but is easily reproduced if you try to format a USB stick. It did not matter if it was NTFS or FAT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts