A friendly hello, and a question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Milwaukee12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Hello. My name is Jonathan and I just registered. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am an amateur when it comes to satellite tv.

I also have a question. We currently have a triple LNB. I was just wondering what is needed to hook up 4 seperate receivers at the same time. What type if multi-switch do I need? I am currently usind a 3x8. I have an HD receiver that receives all satellites, two that receive 2, and one that receives 1. Is it normal to receive the Even transponder on Sat C?

Thank you for reading this.

WELCOME!

Glad you could join us... on to your Q

Milwaukee12 said:
Hello. My name is Jonathan and I just registered. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am an amateur when it comes to satellite tv.

I also have a question. We currently have a triple LNB. I was just wondering what is needed to hook up 4 seperate receivers at the same time. What type if multi-switch do I need? I am currently usind a 3x8. I have an HD receiver that receives all satellites, two that receive 2, and one that receives 1. Is it normal to receive the Even transponder on Sat C?

Im surprised its working as well as it is... anyway to answer the qquestion you need a 4:mad:insert number of feeds needed) or 5:mad:insert number of feeds needed) the 5th input is for an OTA antenna or cable.. but it has to e diplexed out at every feed.

That said I dont see any tivos or anything that requires more than one feed... so one feed from each port on your lnb (there should be 4 ports) should do it.

Typicly when a 2x8 or 3x8 is hooked up to a Tripple LNB it usually only receives 101 or 105 (whichever the main bird is i beleive its 101)

Phase III Dish & 4 receivers

Milwaukee12 said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yes as Shadow explained !

If you have a PhaseIII dish and 4 basic receivers ,you need 1 drop fron dish to each of the 4 locations to recieve all programming... If you are throwing in a Tivo then you need 2 drops to that location to have full function of your Tivos dual tuners.

If you need more drops than 4 total with a Phase III dish then you need to go to a 4x8 or 5x8 etc. etc. the 5x switches add another port to add in OTA sigal if you are going that route.

milwaukee 12

Hey milwaukee 12
I like your avatar
channel 12 is a great channel, has preseason packer games onit, and yo probably also get 10 out of milwaukee that has red green on it

curious

why so many dishes even when i was selling for both directv and dish i had one of each outside to work. then it was in a spaun box and we had dual wire to each tv in house so i can run one of each boxes in run.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts