A Movie channel package?

I believe you may subscribe to each premium movie service and save a few bucks as you add each premimum service, and this can be done without having to subscribe to any of the AT packages (I don't think this has changed, but let us know if so, by all means)--provided you are not currently under contract to subscribe to an AT package.

YES. You do not have to subscribe to any packages to get just a movie package unless you are under contract.

HOWEVER
There are many, many fees to add to the price if you just go with a movie channel package. They are all "Because we can" fees.

$6 program access fee for not having a standard package (per account).
$7 HD Enabling fee for HD receivers for not having a standard HD package (Per Receiver. It will enable all the HD channels including locals via satellite and the OTA channel guide for the DVR (if you subscribe to them).
$5.98 DVR Fee (Per Receiver)
$5 for each additional receiver.

So if you have a 622 receiver and want the HD version of HBO along with the SD counterparts, the price is
$14.99 + $6 + $7 +5.98 = $33.97. Locals are another $5.99 (even if you just want the OTA guide to say more than "Digital Servicie) for a total of $39.96 plus tax if applicable for just HBO and locals. This is for ONE receiver.

Prices for individual movie packages are as follows (ekb.dbstalk.com/history.htm)

HBO - $14.99
Cinemax, Showtime, Starz are each $12.99 individually.
Encore Movie Pack is 5 (this one may require AT100, don't know for sure)

Any two movie packages $22

Any three movie packages $31

All four $40

All Four plus Playboy $50

You just have to remember to add the $19 in fees if you have an HD DVR receiver.

See ya
Tony

$6 program access fee for not having a standard package (per account)...

Locals are another $5.99 (even if you just want the OTA guide to say more than "Digital Servicie)

Don't know if you all are aware of this, but if you were paying the $6 access fee & $6 for locals only, they now have combined these into a new $10 "locals access" pkg.
I have Denver locals only (& supers w/PI's) & this is what happened to my bill several months ago. (nice to have a bill actually go DOWN for the same amount of prog) ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts