A Question For Installers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Night Owl

Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Tennessee
Hello,

I had Dish Network installed Saturday. The installer said I had to sign along with the Dish contract an agreement that if I canceled within 12 months I have to pay him $199.00. Does this sound right??

Thanks

Night Owl said:
No, a one man installing company
It sounds like you had a retailer sell and install your equipment yes they can have a separate contract with you to cover the costs of installation if you cancel early and cause a charge back.:)

Even if he is only a "one man installing company" he probably is still a retailer, just with one employee. The third party contract sounds normal. The reason for it is that if you cancel within 12 months it costs him money. After he gets you activated Dish Network pays him for installing the system for you, this is how retailers make their money. The retailer (installer in this case) gets those payments taken away later if a customer is deactivated within 12 months for any reason (even not paying their bill). The amount Dish takes back from the retailer can vary but many retailers just charge a flat fee for everyone to avoid confusion and having different contracts (the company I work for charges $399 so this guy sounds pretty reasonable to me). This is why installation companies are forced impose a third party contract with customers. They are essentially taking a risk on every person they install.

Any legal contract has a three day grace period that allows you to dispute and opt out of the contract from the day you sign it or atleast thats how it is in michigan.

Dishs' New 30 day money back, you should ask questions about it. It just came out, and not many people know about it yet. It gives you a 30 grace period if you decide you don't like it within the 30 days they will credit you back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)