A Stacked Version of the Invacom Quad Polar LNB

Would a Stacked/Dishpro Compatible Version of an Invacom Quad Polar LNB Interest You?

• I would be interested in a stacked version of the Invacom Quad Polar LNB

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I would be more interested in a stand alone Dishpro compatible stacker unit

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I would not be interested in any of the above

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bountykiller

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Hey guys,
I was looking to run a poll here to determine the market interest for a given product. As someone that lives on the fringe of many signals, the Invacom Quad Polar has been a necessity item for me based on it's performance alone.

However, with Dishnet's or BEV's current band-stacked technology, it is clearly difficult to integrate a legacy item such as the quad polar into a modern stacked & DisecQ based systems such as any DishPro or DishPro plus IRD and/or Switch based setup.

With this in mind I set out some time ago to design a stacker unit for this LNB (and any legacy lnb) for that fact. While I was successful for the most and have a quad polar running currently for 110 into a DPP 44 via a prototype stand alone stacker unit, sadly those who designed the stacker for me were unsure of what market may or may not exist for such an item and will not proceed without some assurance of a demand for this product. (understandably so)

Naturally only people on the fringe and extreme hobbyists will even use a quad polar for reception of North American DBS providers etc. Let's face it if you dont need the extra performance, you dont go looking for it. With that being said the intent of this poll is to determine if there is in fact a demand for this product or not.

The options that are being offered are:

a) The creation of a DishPro compatible version of the Quad Polar
b) A standalone Dishpro compatible stacker unit
c) This product would not be of interest to me

I will greatly appreciate your input on this guys! Many thanks for taking the time to answer this poll.

-B

Personally, I think I would only be interested, provided that it was:

(1) DishPro Compatible
(2) DishPro Plus Compatible
(3) FSS 11.7 - 12.2 GHz Linear Polarity (Dish 121 & 105 Service, as well as FTA)
(4) FSS 11.7 - 12.2 GHz Circular Polarity (New Dish service at 118.7W)
(5) DBS 12.2 - 12.7 GHz Circular Polarity (Standard DBS service)
(6) DBS 12.2 - 12.7 GHz Linear Polarity (Future compatibility, but not a current requirement?)

I suspect for it to be compatible, it would need to output 11.7 - 12.2 to one port while outputting 12.2 - 12.7 to a second port. In either case, would a single LNBF pick up 118.7 and 119, and if not, would it be small enough to put 2 side by side?

Besides the above specs for a multi-function LNBF, I think there may be a market for an "External DishPro and/or DishPro Plus Stacker Unit". I believe such a device would provide more possible dish options/configurations such as using a Toroidal dish with reverse LNBF's.

I believe the current Quad does not use both types of polarities on both bands. Maybe the solution is to manufacter the current Quad to use both polarities on both bands, and then make an External DishPro Plus Stacker Unit to expand the capabilities.

I will pass on voting.

Thanks,
SW

Last edited:
Agreed the external unit does allow for more options. It would open up the toroidal world to using dishpro stuff too. Good point. Thanks for the input. FYI I do believe that yes you could do 118.7 and 119 on one... It has already been done ;0 Invacom makes the dish 1000+ lnb's to do that already. They just dont make it in a 0.3 db noise figure! ;0

-B

Again, the Invacom is blown away by the perfomance of the legacy dish AND torodial lnbs - so i have no interest in that.

However, an external dishpro adapter would hold great interest for me (providing it did not cause too much of a loss). I would be interested in a number of those (depending on the price).

HDTVFanAtic said:
Again, the Invacom is blown away by the perfomance of the legacy dish AND torodial lnbs - so i have no interest in that.

However, an external dishpro adapter would hold great interest for me (providing it did not cause too much of a loss). I would be interested in a number of those (depending on the price).

That's odd... I went from a standard legacy LNB to an Invacom and increased a significant amount of signal quality across the board on some weak DBS TP's.

I had this discussion with HDTVFanatic already in another thread I believe, but I seem to think something isnt right with his setup (I intend no insult or lack of faith in saying that by the way, I am more intrigued really as to how that is possible based on personal observation in my area of the world). For me I can vouch 110% it increases performance hugely.

On the fringe on 110, I can't pick up the low powered transponders at all using a standard DishPro LNB (Tr # 3 and Tr # 10) at all. I alligned in both instanced digitally to those specific weak transponders using a SAT - 9520 from applied instuments.

Using the Invacom LNB, I get those ones from 7 at night till about 9 or 10 am. I have compiled comparison charts of every dbs satt out there and it was better in every instance. I would be happy to share my results with anyone interested. So I cant help but think something isnt setup right HDTFanatic. (I could of course be wrong, as they say results may not be typical for all people out there)

As I said ensure you match the feed horn to the dish you have and use a QPF which you did say you had to connect via a c120 fitting to the proper horn for your dish.

Anyways this is *not* exactly the topic of this convo... :) Place a vote then guys if you want to see an external stacker made. The whole point of this thread is for me to show the manufacturers that there is a demand for such a product after all. I need to see numbers on the poll. I appreciate your time and help in doing so matter how you choose to vote! ;0

-B

I would be interested if it was modified to receive 118.75 signals. I believe their would be a market for that setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts