A UPS Tracking Number at Last!

RobbinM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I got a UPS tracking number from Dishdepot on my 921! Oh happy day! My 6+ month wait will soon be over.

I can't wait to set it up and post my first thread with regard to how unhappy I am with the unit. I can finally join the ranks of the bleeding edge. :)

Maybe some of this "June" functionality will arrive and I will be the first of the "product is actually ready to ship" generation.

Congrats Robbin! I can certainly share in your excitement. Two weeks ago, I was in the top 20 with Dish Depot. Read recently where DD had recieved 18 units. I'm sure Mark is busy shipping them out to his customers.

His reply to me was a short and sweet "It won't be long".

Make sure you post here when you get it all set up. I'm interested in all opinions and reviews on the 921 and will be living vicariously through you until I take delivery of my own!

Regards,
Spence

According to my tracking number, my 921 just left HODGKINS, IL, US. That's the big United Parcel Service hub near Chicago.

UPS says it will be delivered to me in Seattle on Monday, June 21. I'll let you all know how it works.

:) I guess this means that E* has built at least two 921s. :)

I am glad yours is on it's way, it was good talking to you on the phone the other day. :)

Thanks for supporting DishStore.NET which in turn supports SatelliteGuys. :D

John Walsh said:
I was at Dish Depot yesterday and he had 3 or 4 stacks of them
Great, but 3 or 4 stacks of how many? 1? 2? ;)

Can't wait to get my hands on one!

Scott? I'd have gone through DishStore had I known about Satellite Guys when I placed my order, but Mark has done nothing but great things for me and for my friends who've I've referred to him so either way it's a "win-win" for me.

...now to find a buyer for my Dish 6000! I'll be posting it up on eBay this evening. It is fully loaded with all of the modules and I'll be including the DishPro Legacy Adaptor, a second remote control and both the old blue and yellow smart cards!

Perhaps I'll post it with a "Buy It Now" option. Any suggestions what price I should set it at? The only thing I don't have is the original box (had to send it back with the dead 6000 that this one replaced back in September).

Regards,
Spence

Received my tracking number indicating that Mark will be shipping my 921 on 6/24 with an eta of 6/30.

...I was hoping to have it for the weekend, but hey, at least it is coming. Hopefully I won't get one of the lemons as experienced by John Walsh! :rolleyes:

No I took all of those off of Marks hands. Trouble seems to follow me. In fact you should see me right now, I play ice hockey and I broke my nose on Monday. I have another scar across my nose from when i was out cycling and some lady t-boned me trashing me and my trek 5200.

Its best just to keep your distance from me

UPS shipping status change on my 921 to "EXCEPTION"?

That the heck is "EXCEPTION" supose to mean? :eek:

Under "Activity" it says "UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE;FORWARDED TO DESTINATION". :shocked

Can anyone tell me what this means? Is it lost? Is it coming early? Did it get pulled aside to be inspected?

Anyone?

Spence

From what I've seen, EXCEPTION indicates pretty much anything which might delay on-time delivery. I think that, technically, it's anything outside of the normal flow of the package. I've never seen the particular EXCEPTION you mention. It probably means they mis-routed the package and then fixed the routing.

EXCEPTIONs I've experienced over the years include "delayed due to train derailment", "delayed due to weather", "recipient not available, delivery rescheduled", "Customs delay", and my new favorite - "Food and Drug Administration delay". :confused: I just got that one on an IBM power supply shipped from Kowloon Bay Hong Kong. :confused:

Maybe a UPS employee can give us the official meaning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)