AARP ranks top 9 places to retire

I am begging to regret it, but I encourage people to visit the area. Most do, then they move here. I am northwest of Greenville in the mountains, but only 20 minutes from Greenville or Easley.

3 years ago I bought a 2600 square foot home in SC. Two story cape Cod style with a finished basement built in 2000 for 80K. Granted put 20K into making it nice and included that in my mortgage. My payments including taxes and insurance are $751 a month! My taxes in Florida were 4K a year and insurance was pushing 5K a year on a muck smaller home.
Wow,
You did Really good !

A picture of my "dog" 20210723_181519.jpg

I am begging to regret it, but I encourage people to visit the area. Most do, then they move here. I am northwest of Greenville in the mountains, but only 20 minutes from Greenville or Easley.
Another friend of mine has her sister living down there, they were in Bat Cave, but I don't remember where they moved to since, same area.

Another friend was born in Anderson ...

That picture is Daisy, she is a local. She had a collar for years, but finally out grew it. I got a new one for her so nobody shoots her, but not seen her it a week. But most people know her and she is very friendly so I am assuming she is OK.

That picture is Daisy, she is a local. She had a collar for years, but finally out grew it. I got a new one for her so nobody shoots her, but not seen her it a week. But most people know her and she is very friendly so I am assuming she is OK.
You named her? Haha! For the record, I have had numerous deer prancing around my property in the suburbs of Washington DC. Also many foxes and rabbits and squirrels. In fact, I moved in with a flying squirrel and didn't know it.

Our cat food was disappearing at a much greater rate than normal, and we didn't know why. After months of that phenomenon, I walked into my equipment room and saw the squirrel disappear into the ceiling. I trapped her and released her in a wooded area next to a stream, so I hope she did fine after that.

15 years later, I had a much harder time trapping an Eastern grey that had gotten into my attic. The stupid beast was literally gnawing through the sheet rock ceiling (why?) until "she" made a hole in both the MBR and my daughter's bedroom. I couldn't find any way for "her" to get into the attic than a small hole in our soffits next to the chimney. It was incredible that this squirrel could (1) climb up there 3 stories and (2) get through such a small, upside down, hole. I eventually had to replace that soffit and I did the whole roof as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts