Account stacking??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjfeo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Indiana
Is it considered account stacking if I "trade" receivers with someone from a different market?

Doesn't matter what you call it, receiving signals at multiple physical addresses on one account that isnt explicitly setup to do that is not kosher.

The OP didn't mention anything about receiving signals at multiple physical addresses on one account that isn't explicitly setup to do that.

To answer the original question - You're not allowed to "trade" receivers with your friends & family.

Trading receivers, stacking, whatever you want to perceive the question to be, the answer is no.

That's exactly what he asked, my answer just answers half of the follow up questions he's going to post as well.

If you trade a receiver with someone, then yes, both accounts would then be operating at multiple locations.

Yes it considered stacking. anytime there is a reciver that is on yoru account that is not in your immediate pocession it is illegal in directvs eyes.

Please explain some more. What exactly are you trying to do?

Obviously, two people in 2 different DMA's are going to physically swap boxes from each others accounts, so that both people can get BOTH local channel DMA's in their homes. ;)
And while yes it IS stacking & am NOT suggesting doing it, actually D* would probably get more $$$ from both subs; probably what they would do, is each sub would activate 1 or more extra boxes on their accounts, then swap them amongst each other. They would then have to remember to use the other subs receivers to view those other local channels. At minimum, D* is probably getting at least another $10/month they wouldn't be getting otherwise.

A little off topic - again while I am NOT condoning stacking, with the way both E* & D* keep jacking up their prices, I am seeing more subs (not clients of mine) that have figured this out & are resorting to this. (through NO help on my part - not exactly rocket science to figure it out, you know) With the economy in the toilet like it is, it's not all that surprising... ;)

Obviously, two people in 2 different DMA's are going to physically swap boxes from each others accounts, so that both people can get BOTH local channel DMA's in their homes. ;)
And while yes it IS stacking & am NOT suggesting doing it, actually D* would probably get more $$$ from both subs; probably what they would do, is each sub would activate 1 or more extra boxes on their accounts, then swap them amongst each other. They would then have to remember to use the other subs receivers to view those other local channels. At minimum, D* is probably getting at least another $10/month they wouldn't be getting otherwise.

A little off topic - again while I am NOT condoning stacking, with the way both E* & D* keep jacking up their prices, I am seeing more subs (not clients of mine) that have figured this out & are resorting to this. (through NO help on my part - not exactly rocket science to figure it out, you know) With the economy in the toilet like it is, it's not all that surprising... ;)

Obviously it wasn't so obvious to me.....;)

Well, if that is all they are doing, I don't see the big deal. Nobody is stealing anything, so it's NOT illegal. It may violate TOS, but so does "moving."

DirecTV is not losing out on any income. All that is being done is playing around with the FCC's DMA rules....no harm no foul IMHO...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts