Add Channel Online vs Onscreen vs Call ??

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
I was interested in getting feedback from people in terms of adding channels (such as movie packages):

- Online using the dish network web site

VS

- Onscreen using the channel 100 interactive customer service application

VS

- By phone using the automated process

VS

- By phone using a customer service representative

in terms of reliability, and especially, amount of time required for the programming to be available.

Thanks!

I have added online before. It's pretty much instant, and it automatically found the best package discount. It wound up being cheaper than I expected.

Talking to a real person is a crapshoot...sometimes fine, sometimes a nightmare. I remember adding Voom took several calls over several days. On the other hand, when I moved up to MPEG-4, it was a breeze. I also had no problems last time I called to REMOVE something.

I"ve done both online and via CSR. Online is so much easier and the pricing wasn't any different than what a CSR could give.

Also, when I upgraded from AT200 to AT250 a few nights ago, the channels were available in a matter of minutes. I was quite surprised.

Yes on-line is the fastest and best I have seen, the channels will pop in just a couple minutes of hitting submit.

I've tried online multiple times and it failed everytime.... I wanted to upgrade from AT200 to AT250 and it goes through all the steps and fails on the final "submit" or "checkout". I tried this 3-4 times over the course of a few days to no avail. Ended up calling, speaking to a human being, and had the new channels in minutes.

I also tried to add the free Showtime for 3-mo offer online, again, to no avail. Called, spoke to a human being, and it was on shortly after.

Just for the archives...

The channel I wanted was not listed in the online "Add Programming".

However, it was availalble in my Onscreeen Guide as a "green" channel, so I used the Customer Support Interactive Application in my 622, and after dialing in to connect using the phone line, and some confirmation requests, it added the channel instantly.

So thumbs up for the customer support app.

I added the free Showtime preview online this morning. Went through fine and had the channels quickly on one receiver, deactivated all Top 250 channels on my other receiver. Called DISH, after 25 minutes on hold was told by the tech support guru "my screen shows that receiver as deauthorized, would you like to add it to your account now?".

Didn't bother to argue with him. I just said "sure".

That all maybe good but there should be an option to remove the channels as well, without having to call them.
You can remove channels using the automated phone service, without having to talk to a phone rep. (It may depend on which channels, but I have done so with Premium movie channels.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)