adding 5th tv.

denm31

Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
phoenix
hello,
i am switching to dish network from directv, will be installed tomorrow. i was told by dish that instead of paying alot of extra money for a 5th receiver that just by adding a splitter i can mirror one of the 4 tv's i have. the question is the tv i want to mirror already has a diplexer hooked to for my internet. can this be done. i need this one so my daughter can watch her shows on the 5th tv.if it can be dne can someone please explain what i need to do . thank you:)

Wow, if it can, not easily. I've used a splitter on the end of a diplexers VHF/UHF leg to allow me to combine Off-Air and the backfeed, but this didn't work very well due to the high isolation of the splitter... Adding Cable TV into the mix doesn't sound possible to me... maybe an expert can suggest something.

thank you , the installer charged me twenty bucks took him ten min and it works fine, i have one happy little girl now.

Yep,diplexers work fine with splitters.I do it all the time.
Just put the splitter on the vhf side of the diplexer and it will mirror like the diplexer isnt even there.

The vhf side of the splitter can be manipulated the same ways the coaxial output of the reciever can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)